Paleo Skinny Brownies (Gluten-Free)
This Paleo Skinny Brownies recipe is a clean, grain-free version of your favorite gooey chocolate brownies. Less calories, but same flavor.
I like to call these fudgey, chocolatey, so-good-you-don’t-know-their-paleo brownies, my “skinny brownies”.
Why? Well, these Paleo Skinny Brownies are “skinny” themselves! The recipe yields a thin layer of gooey brownies, that are healthier and have less calories than your average brownie.
Plus they are gluten-free, dairy-free, and clean. Talk about a Halloween miracle!
I make these Paleo Skinny Brownies all the time because I can eat 1/4 of the pan (shhhh), without feeling too guilty. 1/4 of the pan of these Paleo Skinny Brownies is 387 calories.
For a little perspective, 1/4 of the pan for Betty Crocker brownie mix brownies is 850 calories.
And if I end up cutting these brownies into 6-9 pieces, which is how I normally cut them, it’s about 172-258 calories a brownie.
One thing worth noting, is that I added candy coated milk chocolate candies to my brownies for these photos.
However, I normally make them without… I just felt a little festive with Halloween coming around the corner, and excited to find a healthier M&M alternative.
So I threw them in there for the photos, and for a Halloween treat.
My husband and I were talking about how we miss M&Ms the other day, especially around Halloween.
I have had a hard time bringing myself to buy them lately because of the chemicals/food coloring/ preservatives inside and how bad these have been proven to be for you.
Plus, they make my husband turn red and have a fever, which is reason enough.
Is it just me, or does it boggle your mind how some of these food additives are actually allowed in our food these days?!
Anyways, I did a search online and found Unreal candies, which are colored naturally, using beet juice, carrot juice, turmeric.
I was sold and knew that I had to make my skinny brownies with these hard candies inside for Halloween.
Hey, grownups can get Halloween treats too! 🙂
I’ve enjoyed having these Unreal candies as our Halloween M&M replacements.
They do have dairy inside, but my husband doesn’t get red faced when he eats them, so they will be a special treat for us.
This Halloween, I may even get crazy and add a scoop of ice-cream to these Paleo Skinny Brownies as my trick-or-treat treat this year. 🙂
Other fun healthier Halloween ideas:
These Gluten Free Frankenstein Rice Krispies from Allergy Awesomeness are adorable and free of gluten, dairy, egg, soy, peanut & tree nuts.
Other Paleo brownie recipes you may enjoy:
Paleo Skinny Brownies (GF)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 in x 5 in loaf pan.
- Put the melted coconut oil and the chocolate chips together into a medium sized microwave safe bowl and mix. Then microwave the bowl for 30 seconds and mix. If this isn't enough to melt the chocolate then put it into the microwave for 15 second increments and mix until melted.
- Add the egg and maple syrup to the bowl and mix.
- Add the salt, vanilla, and almond flour to the chocolate mixture and mix.
- If you are adding in candy coated chocolates, fold them in now.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and make sure the batter is distributed evenly in the pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. (Note: start checking the brownies at around 15 minutes to make sure you have them cooked how you like. )
- Cool or eat warm. Enjoy!
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.