Paleo Carrot Cake Banana Bread (Gluten-Free, Dairy-free)
Paleo Carrot Cake Banana Bread recipe. A healthier Gluten-free, Grain-free, Dairy-free, Paleo Carrot Cake Banana bread that has the most satisfying texture and banana carrot cake flavor.
As promised, I’m sharing two Easter-friendly and Spring inspired baking recipes this week… The second one is this Paleo Carrot Cake Banana Bread recipe.
This may be one of my most favorite Paleo baked goods that I’ve made in a very long time. The texture is on point and the carrot cake banana bread flavor is just satisfying to the soul.
I think it would be perfect as a breakfast loaf, or an afternoon snack. And if you love both carrot cake and banana bread, then this is going to be the baked good for you!
I’ve made several similar recipes in the past, but I think I finally just nailed the Paleo banana bread carrot cake combo.
This gluten-free carrot cake banana bread is made with healthier for you ingredients, though you’d never know it by the taste!
Ingredients needed to make this Paleo Carrot Cake Banana Bread:
- olive oil
- coconut sugar
- almond flour
- tapioca flour
- coconut flour
- baking soda
- bananas carrots
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
I used a mixture of almond flour, tapioca flour and coconut flour to make the dried portion of the batter and to keep this recipe Paleo and Gluten-free.
And I used bananas, grated carrots, cinnamon, and nutmeg to flavor the loaf.
I also added some delicious cinnamon maple coconut oil frosting to the top of this Paleo Carrot Cake Banana Bread, and THEN topped that with chopped almonds.
How to make this healthy banana bread carrot cake recipe:
- Start by mixing the wet ingredients together. The olive oil and coconut sugar get mixed together, then the eggs and vanilla are added.
- Then the dry ingredients are mixed together… the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Then, half of the dry ingredients are mixed into to the wet ingredients. Then, half of the mashed bananas are added. Repeat both steps.
- Lastly the shredded carrots are folded in and the loaf is then put into the oven to bake!
That Cinnamon Maple Coconut Oil Frosting Drizzle!
To make the Cinnamon Maple Coconut Oil Frosting for this healthy carrot cake banana bread, all you have to do is mix 1 Tbs of maple syrup, 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon, and 1 Tbs of melted coconut oil together.
Then, just pour this on top of the carrot cake banana bread and top it with chopped nuts, and BOOM. Your banana bread is elevated to a whole other level.
Side note: you can add ½ cup of chopped walnuts or pecans to your batter before you bake the carrot cake. I am allergic to all nuts except for almonds, so I have never added them to my carrot cakes. But since so many people do, I figure it must be good. Let me know if you add some to yours and how to tastes!
This Paleo Carrot Cake Banana Bread tastes really good when it’s still a little bit warm. It’s also great with a cup of coffee or tea for breakfast or as a snack.
I’m still dreaming of this recipe and will be making it for Easter this year for sure.
Other healthy banana breads you may enjoy:
Paleo Coffee Cake Banana Bread (Gluten-free)– cinnamon and crumb topping in banana bread form, yes please!
Sunflower Seed Butter and Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Paleo, GF)– sunflower seed butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven!
Other healthy desserts with veggies that you may enjoy:
Gluten-free Carrot Zucchini Cake– a Vegan carrot-zucchini Cake made with almond and white rice flour from Salted Plains.
Gluten-free Carrot Cake– a delicious looking gluten free carrot cake with cream cheese frosting from Gluten-free Palate.
Gluten-free Zucchini Bread– a moist and fluffy looking zucchini bread that is naturally gluten-free from Allergyfree Alaska.
Healthy Lemon Zucchini Bread– a moist satisfying zucchini bread full of lemon flavors and perfect for summer by Evolving Table.
Paleo Carrot Cake Banana Bread (GF)
Paleo Carrot Cake Banana Bread Ingredients:
Cinnamon Maple Coconut Oil Frosting Ingredients:
- chopped almonds or nuts to sprinkle on top of the bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan/tin. (I greased mine with olive oil spray). Line the pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the olive oil and coconut sugar with a fork or whisk. Add the eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- In another bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well with a fork.
- Add half the flour mixture to the wet egg/oil mixture and mix. Then add half the mashed bananas to the bowl and mix again. Add the remaining flour to the bowl and mix. Add the remaining mashed bananas and mix. Note: this batter should be on the thicker side.
- Mix/Fold in the shredded carrots. Pour the batter into the lined loaf tin.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean/ with a few crumbs. ( I cooked mine for 50 minutes).
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Then let the bread cool on a wire rack.
- Next, top the bread with the Cinnamon Maple Syrup Coconut Oil Frosting, and then with chopped nuts ( I used almonds). ( You can do this while the bread is still a little warm).
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.