Cinnamon Banana Bread (Paleo, Gluten-free)
Cinnamon Banana Bread recipe. A healthier banana bread recipe that has the same great taste as a classic banana bread recipe, but without any butter or refined sugars or flours. Grain-free, Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Paleo, and Clean.
If I could have this healthy Cinnamon Banana Bread with a cup of tea every morning, I would be a happy lady!
There’s just something about having a slice of this warm, fluffy, and fragrant Paleo banana bread laced with cinnamon goodness that cheers me right up.
It makes me happy to know that this recipe is made without any butter and without any refined sugars or flours.
It has all the same great taste as a classic banana bread recipe, but I think it tastes even better!
Bold statement, I know. But I truly find healthier baked goods to taste better than their “unhealthy” counterparts.
Don’t get me wrong, I like my baked goods to taste sweet, to be full of flavor and, and to have a good texture.
BUT I find that they taste better without too much sweetness, and without the heaviness that butter tends to bring to baking.
I love eating baked goods that you would never know are “healthy”; they just taste amazing! ( And you still feel good after eating them ).
The healthiness and deliciousness factor is all about the ingredients, especially in this healthy dairy-free banana bread!
Ingredients needed to make this healthy Cinnamon Banana Bread:
- olive oil
- coconut sugar
- almond flour
- tapioca flour
- coconut flour
- baking soda
There have been so many advances in the clean eating arena, that either didn’t exist before or that weren’t as readily available.
A few years ago, I would only bake with almond flour and coconut flour. Now, I bake with tapioca flour, arrowroot flour, chestnut flour… and I still bake with almond flour and coconut flour.
A few years ago, I would only use maple syrup or honey to sweeten my recipes and now I also use coconut sugar, maple sugar, and dates.
Coconut sugar and maple sugar are my favorites and are great brown sugar replacements.
How to make gluten-free cinnamon banana bread:
- In a large bowl, mix the olive oil and coconut sugar together. Then, add the eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas and mix again.
- In another bowl, mix the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Pour the bowl of dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and mix until the banana bread batter has formed.
- Pour the banana bread batter into the loaf pan and bake!
This recipe is gluten-free because almond flour, tapioca flour and coconut flour are used instead of regular flour.
The combination of those three flours works great in banana bread. The bread is moist and full of protein and just delicious!
I find that it is easier now more than ever to make a healthier version of many recipes.
Especially almond and coconut flour banana bread. Try this Cinnamon Banana Bread and you’ll see what I mean.
The texture is just on point. It’s moist and fluffy inside, yet it has a nice crust on top.
It’s got lots of great banana flavor, with hints of cinnamon. It’s sweet, but it’s not too sweet.
And it just tastes delicious!
It’s a perfect breakfast or snack or dessert. And it is a crowd pleaser.
Other healthy banana bread recipes you may enjoy:
Paleo Coffee Cake Banana Bread– a delicious gluten-free banana bread recipe layered and topped with cinnamon streusel.
Gluten-free Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins– made with simple ingredients and naturally gluten-free. Recipe by A Dash of Megnut.
This Almond Flour Banana Bread from Four Score Living is made with simple ingredients for a healthy banana bread option.
Cinnamon Banana Bread (Paleo, GF)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 9 in x 5 in loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the olive oil and coconut sugar with a fork or whisk. Add the eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas and whisk again until well mixed.
- In another bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix with a fork until blended.
- Pour the bowl of dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour the banana bread batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick comes out mostly clean. ( Mine has taken 45 minutes and 50 minutes before… it just depends on the oven I’ve used to bake it).
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.