Paleo Coffee Cake Banana Bread (Gluten-free)
Paleo Coffee Cake Banana Bread recipe. A delicious moist grain-free cinnamon banana bread recipe, layered and topped with cinnamon streusel.
The worlds of coffee cake and banana bread were meant to combine!
I mean, extra cinnamon and crumbly cinnamon streusel are the perfect additions to banana bread. So yum!
And if that banana bread is made with healthier-for-you ingredients, it’s a major win in my book… which is the case with this naturally dairy-free and gluten-free Paleo Coffee Cake Banana Bread.
I luckily had 5 really ripe bananas that needed to be used up the other day. I froze two for smoothies and then used the remaining three to make this Paleo Coffee Cake Banana Bread.
I had been craving coffee cake ( #pregnancycraving ), and thought why not make a banana bread coffee cake hybrid.
The result was AMAZING and I had so many people on my Instagram stories ask for the recipe that I knew I needed to post it ASAP.
Ingredients needed to make this Paleo Coffee Cake Banana Bread:
- olive oil
- coconut sugar
- almond flour
- tapioca flour
- coconut flour
- baking soda
- unsweetened cocoa powder
Note: I love to use ceylon cinnamon. It has a much richer cinnamon smell and taste.
Even though I have been baking with Paleo and Gluten-free ingredients for years, it still amazes me to this day how amazing recipes can be when using alternative healthy ingredients!
How to make this banana bread:
You’ll need a few bowls to make this Paleo Coffee Cake Banana Bread.
In the first bowl, you mix the olive oil, coconut sugar, eggs, vanilla and mashed bananas together.
In the second bowl, you mix the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together.
Then, you’ll pour the bowl of dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and mix.
In the third, and final bowl, you mix the streusel together. Which is almond flour, cinnamon, unsweetened cocoa powder, coconut sugar and olive oil.
After that, you pour half the batter into a loaf pan, and sprinkle it with half of the streusel. Then, you repeat with the remaining batter and streusel and bake!
Use ripe bananas. I find the flavor of banana bread to be the best when using really ripe bananas.
You can use coconut sugar or maple sugar here. Both work great and both are Paleo and Gluten-free.
Use a light colored extra virgin olive oil. You don’t want to use olive oil that tastes very olivey.
The bake time will depend on your oven. I don’t know if my current oven is very hot, but I’ve noticed my baked goods cook a bit more quickly in my current home.
In my current oven it takes 45 minutes to bake this Paleo Coffee Cake Banana Bread, but it has taken me up to 55 minutes to bake in the oven at my mother’s home.
Other Paleo Banana Bread recipes:
Sunflower Seed Butter and Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Paleo Carrot Cake Banana Bread
Blueberry Chia Banana Bread (Paleo, GF)
Paleo Coffee Cake Banana Bread (Gluten-free)
Banana bread ingredients:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 bananas mashed
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 Tbs coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbs coconut sugar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 in x 5 in loaf pan and line with parchment paper, leaving some overhang.
- In a large bowl, mix the olive oil and coconut sugar with a fork or whisk. Add the eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas and whisk again until well mixed.
- In another bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix with a fork until blended.
- Pour the bowl of dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Set banana bread batter aside.
- In a small bowl, make streusel. Mix almond flour, cinnamon, cocoa powder, coconut sugar and olive oil together until it clumps.
- Pour 1/2 of the banana bread batter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle 1/2 of the streusel on top. Pour the rest of the banana bread batter on top and smooth it out with rubber spatula so smooth. Top with remaining streusel.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick comes out mostly clean. With my current oven, it takes 45 minutes, but it does depend on your oven.
- Let banana bread cool for 10-15 minutes before taking it out of the pan by lifting up the parchment paper.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.
2 Comments on “Paleo Coffee Cake Banana Bread (Gluten-free)”
Do you know what I can sub for tapioca flour if i dont have that on hand? Would love to try this out but don’t have it handy.
Do you have arrowroot flour? I haven’t tried these suggestions out but this article had some good ideas. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/tapioca-flour-substitute#section1