Cointreau Margarita Recipe
Cointreau Margarita Recipe. A delicious homemade margarita recipe made with only 4 ingredients and naturally sweetened with maple syrup!
This Cointreau Margarita Recipe has been the only margarita recipe that I have been making for the past year and a half. It started as a recipe that my husband and I made during quarantine, and since then, I have made it for friends and family and everyone has loved it.
It’s basically a classic margarita recipe, made with lime juice and silver tequila, but the flavor is enhanced by cointreau, which is an orange liqueur. It is then sweetened by maple syrup. Which tastes AMAZING.
It’s great to make margaritas at home because you know exactly what is inside of them.
If you order one at a bar or restaurant, there is often a lot of sugar inside, along with a margarita mix full of chemicals, preservatives, food coloring…etc
I find that margaritas taste better when you use quality ingredients. And the best way to ensure that is when you make them yourself.
Ingredients needed to make the best margarita recipe with cointreau
- silver tequila
- Silver tequila or tequila blanco is clear in color ( as opposed to gold tequila). It has a softer flavor, which goes better with margaritas.
- Its important to use a good quality tequila or your favorite tequila. My personal favorite is Don Julio.
- Cointreau is an orange liqueur. It is a type of triple sec, and is known as being a higher quality orange liqueur.
- lime juice
- maple syrup
How to make a margarita with cointreau
The first step is to juice your lime/ limes.
Then, add your lime juice, tequila, cointreau, and maple syrup to a cocktail shaker, along with a few ice-cubes, and shake well.
After that, fill your serving cup with ice and pour the margarita on top.
Easy as that!
Tweaks and alternative options for this cointreau margarita recipe
(1) You can rim your cup with salt, or sugar, prior to filling it with your ice-cubes and cointreau margarita.
(2) Instead of maple syrup, you can make a honey syrup. You can make honey syrup by boiling water and adding honey to the hot water. I would melt 1 Tbs of honey into 1 Tbs of boiling water.
(3) You can use another orange liqueur instead of cointreau.
Other cocktails you may enjoy:
Cointreau Margarita Recipe
- 1.5 ounces silver tequila, 1 shot
- 3/4 ounce Cointreau, 1/2 shot
- 1.5 ounces lime juice, 1 shot
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- Add all the ingredients to a cocktail shaker along with a few ice cubes and shake. Fill your serving cup with ice and pour margarita mixture on top. Enjoy!
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.