Fresh Paloma Cocktail with Honey Syrup
Fresh Paloma Cocktail with Honey Syrup recipe. A delicious refreshing cocktail made from fresh grapefruit juice, lime juice, tequila, sparkling water and a homemade honey syrup.
If you like Paloma cocktails, or grapefruit in general, you are going to love this recipe! It’s an easy, naturally gluten-free and dairy-free recipe that you can whip up at home.
This cocktail is made healthier by using fresh grapefruit and lime juice, along with a honey simple syrup.
The honey enhances and also tames the grapefruit flavor, and the tequila and lime make for the perfect flavor pairing for this wonderful drink.
This Fresh Paloma Cocktail with Honey Syrup has the most delicious tart yet sweet grapefruit flavor.
I personally prefer this version of a Paloma to some of the ones that I have tried at bars.
You honestly can’t beat fresh grapefruit juice ( versus what you can buy in a store).
And honey syrup is arguably healthier than simple syrup. Simple syrup is made with sugar and many of the one’s you can buy in stores have preservatives inside.
While honey syrup is made with honey and water only!
Ingredients needed to make this Fresh Paloma Cocktail with Honey Syrup:
- I personally like using raw honey but any honey will work.
- Hot water
- I boil it in a tea kettle in advance.
- Fresh grapefruit
- I normally only need to juice 2 grapefruit to get all the juice that I need for this drink, but you may need 3.
- Choose your favorite! I think a clear high quality tequila will work best, but it’s up to you. My recent favorite tequila brand is Don Julio. In particular I love the Don Julio 70 Anejo Claro, though it is a bit pricey.
- Lime juice
- Grapefruit sparkling water or any non-flavored sparkling water
- I love using Spindrift grapefruit sparkling water
How to make this paloma recipe:
To start, you need to make the honey syrup.
What is honey syrup? Honey syrup is like simple syrup, but instead of being made with sugar, it is made with honey.
To make it, you mix honey with hot water until the honey melts.
Then, mix the honey syrup, grapefruit juice, tequila, and lime juice together.
At this point, taste the drink and see how you like it.
Then add 2 ounces of sparkling water and taste it. If you like it like that, leave it… if you want more sparkling water add a little more.
Flavor tip: this drink tastes great with a few fresh mint leaves thrown inside!
Paloma Mocktail option:
Note: you can make this paloma without alcohol to make a really yummy grapefruit mocktail.
Other homemade cocktail/ mocktail recipes you may enjoy:
This Mimosa Mocktail from This Vivacious Life. A quick delicious mimosa mocktail option that will not dissapoint.
Dairy-free White Russian– this is a delicious cocktail made out of coconut cream, almond milk, vodka and coffee liqueur. So good!
Healthy Homemade Strawberry Daiquiris– a yummy cocktail made with frozen strawberries and fresh lemon and lime juice.
Fresh Paloma Cocktail with Honey Syrup
- 1 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs hot water
- 8 ounces fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, (this was from 2 grapefruit for me)
- 4.5 ounces tequila, 3 shots ( clear tequila is best)
- 1.5 ounces lime juice, (1 shot)
- 2-4 ounces grapefruit sparkling water , or plain sparkling water
- To start, make the honey simple syrup. In a cup or small bowl, mix 1 Tbs of honey with 2 Tbs boiling hot water. Mix until the honey is melted. Set aside.
- In a large shaker or a large bowl, mix the grapefruit juice, tequila, lime juice, and honey syrup together. Taste it. Add the sparkling water or grapefruit sparkling water to taste and mix again.
– better with a clear higher quality tequila. I like don Julio.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.