Mixed Berry Oat Crumble Bars (Gluten-free, Dairy-free)
Mixed Berry Oat Crumble Bars recipe. Oatmeal berry bars that taste like fruit pie sandwiched between oatmeal cookies. Made with healthier-for-you ingredients, like almond flour and coconut oil, and naturally gluten-free and dairy-free.
I have a soft spot for fruity oat crumble bars.
I love how the baked fruit turns into a fresh jam. It reminds me of a fruit pie… that is sandwiched between oatmeal cookies. It is berry oat squares of deliciousness. I mean, drool!
These Mixed Berry Oat Crumble Bars kick it up a notch, though, because they are made with healthier-for-you ingredients (like almond flour and coconut oil) and they are naturally gluten-free and dairy-free.
I like the ingredients in these Gluten-free berry oat crumble bars.
There’s no refined sugars or flours inside. Coconut sugar, almond flour, and tapioca flour are used in the place of white sugar, brown sugar and white flour.
Coconut oil is used in the place of butter… but you’d never be able to tell by the taste!
Because, these gluten-free berry oat squares are just bomb.
These gluten-free berry oat bars also remind me of a fruit crumble but in bar form.
So much goodness in one dessert bar form! I really think these gluten-free berry crumb bars are my favorite fruity oat dessert.
I love how customizable these dairy-free crumble bars recipe is, and how it’s healthier for you than your average crumble bar.
Mixed Berry Oat Crumble Bar ingredients:
So what do you need to make these delicious gluten-free berry oat crumble bars?
- Mixed berries
- Lemon juice
- Tapioca flour
- Coconut sugar
- Almond flour
- Rolled oats
- Coconut oil
- Egg yolk
You can use the fresh mixed berries of your choice. I used raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries. But feel free to use whichever ones you want!
How to make these gluten-free oatmeal berry bars:
To start off, you need to mix together all of your berries in a bowl. Then top the berries in lemon juice, tapioca flour, and coconut sugar. Mix it all together and set that bowl aside.
Next, you need to make the crumble/ bar mixture.
Mix together almond flour, tapioca flour, rolled oats, cinnamon, coconut sugar, and salt together in a bowl and set it aside.
Then mix together the melted coconut oil and egg yolk together and then pour it into the rolled oats crumble/bar mixture.
Take 1 cup of the crumble/ bar mixture out of the bowl and set it aside.
Put the remaining crumble/bar mixture into a greased 8 x 8 inch pan and press down on it with the back of a fork to create a crust.
Pour the mixed berries on top of the bar crust.
Then take that 1 cup of crumble/bar mixture that you set aside and sprinkle it on top of the mixed berries.
Bake for 45-55 minutes ( until the berries have started bubbling and the crumble topping is golden brown).
Then, let the gluten-free berry crumble bars cool before cutting!
Other healthy oat desserts you may enjoy:
These Gluten-free Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie bars by Allergy Awesomeness look so ooey gooey deliciously good!
These Baked Oatmeal Bars by This Vivacious Life are the ultimate way to have dessert for breakfast!
This Gluten-Free Apple Cherry Crisp (Vegan) is one of my favorite recipes to make when I’m in the mood for a crisp.
This Absolute Best Summer Crisp! uses all the best summer fruit and is unbelievably delicious!
Mixed Berry Oat Crumble Bars (GF)
Mixed Berry Layer:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and then grease it. I use an olive oil spray to grease it. Leave a flap of aluminum foil on either side of the pan.
- In a medium bowl, add 2 cups of mixed berries, 2 Tbs lemon juice, ¼ cup coconut sugar and 2 tsp tapioca flour. Mix together and set aside.
- In another medium bowl, add 1 cup almond flour, ¼ cup tapioca flour, 1 cup rolled oats, ½ cup coconut sugar, ½ tsp cinnamon, and ¼ tsp salt. Mix with a fork until blended.
- In a third separate bowl, mix the melted coconut oil and egg yolk. Then, add the coconut oil mixture to the rolled oat mixture until everything is wet.
- Remove 1 cup of the oat mixture and set it aside to use as the crumble on top. Press the remaining oat mixture left in the bowl into the bottom of the pan. Use a fork to press the mixture into the pan.
- Evenly distribute the berries on top of the pressed down mixture in the pan.
- Grab the mixture that was set aside and sprinkle on top of the berries.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until you see the berries bubbling and the top of the crumble turning golden brown.
- Let everything cool for one hour, then remove the bars from the pan by lifting the aluminum foil flaps. Let the bars cool for another 30 minutes or so. It is easier to cut into the bars when they are cool.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.