Maple Iced Tea Recipe (Healthy Sweet Tea)
This Maple Iced Tea is a refined sugar-free iced tea recipe that uses pure maple syrup to add a hint of sweetness, minerals, and antioxidants to your sweet tea.
This healthy sweet tea recipe has been my go-to homemade iced tea recipe for years. It’s refreshing, simple, and has that wonderful sweetness that comes with sweet tea. I honestly didn’t even think about posting this recipe on my blog until recently.
I made this iced tea for a party and was asked for the recipe several times. Everyone loved that I used maple syrup instead of sugar. It was such a hit that I decided to share the recipe here.
Table of Contents
- Why this recipe works
- Recipe ingredients
- Step by step instructions
- Recipe FAQs
- Other drink recipes you’ll love!
Why this recipe works
- It uses maple syrup, which is a healthier alternative to refined white sugar.
- I also love that maple syrup is good for you! Not only is it full of antioxidants, but it also has nutrients like riboflavin, zinc, magnesium, calcium and potassium.
- It is easy to put together. All you need is three ingredients, including water!
- It tastes delicious!
- Black tea bags– you can use any kind of black tea that you like.
- Water– some of it will be boiling hot and some of it will be cold.
- Pure maple syrup– make sure you are using pure maple syrup and not a fake pancake syrup ( which is just high fructose corn syrup or flavored sugar). Using pure maple syrup ensures that there is no sugar inside.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Step by step instructions
Step 1: Add boiled water and tea bags to a large pitcher. Let it steep for 10-15 minutes, then remove the bags.
Step 2: Add the maple syrup and mix.
Step 3: Add cold water to the pitcher and mix.
Step 4: Refrigerate the tea until ready to serve.
The only calories in this recipe come from the maple syrup, so if you are using the amount in this recipe, which is 1/3 cup, then one serving of this iced tea would be about 36 calories.
Yes! Taste the sweet tea before you refrigerate it to make sure it is the right amount of sweetness for you. If you like very sweet sweet tea then you may want to add more maple syrup.
Yes! You can use honey and keep the recipe the same. Just note that it won’t be Vegan if you use honey ( and if that is important to you).
Other drink recipes you’ll love!
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Maple Iced Tea Recipe
- 6 black tea bags (English breakfast)
- 8 cups water (4 cups boiling, 4 cups cold)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- Add boiling water to a large container and then add tea bags. Let the tea bags steep for 10-15 minutes. Mix and then remove the tea bags.
- Add the maple syrup to the container and mix. Then add the cold water. Put in the fridge for a few hours.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.