Iced Almond Milk Matcha Latte (Paleo, GF)
Iced Almond Milk Matcha Latte recipe. A refreshing, healthy, green tea drink that is creamy from the almond milk and has a hint of sweetness from honey. Naturally Paleo and Dairy-free.
I’ve made this Iced Almond Milk Matcha Latte every single day for the last 8 days.
It’s been my summer life-force for so many reasons…
- It tastes incredible…it’s a creamy slightly sweet green tea delight…
- It gives me a great boost of energy…AND
- It literally takes only minutes to make.
All you need is culinary grade matcha tea powder, almond milk, honey, hot water, and ice.
Oh and a mason jar. I find it much easier to make this matcha latte in a mason jar.
Check out the video below to see how I make it!
I’ve always been a huge matcha tea drinker but I have only ever made it hot… which is delicious but it’s 90 degrees here in Florida and I’m just not in the mood for hot drinks these days.
I’m also not always the biggest fan of coffee because I find that it really dehydrates me and gives me the jitters.
Which is something that matcha tea does not do! Matcha tea gives me an almost zen-like energy caffeine boost without any of of the coffee caffeine jitters.
This almond milk matcha latte provides the energy and antioxidants that I need.
The health benefits of matcha green tea
I did a bit of research and found that matcha tea is chock-full of health benefits:
- it is full of antioxidants
- it boosts your metabolism
- it helps your body detox
- it relaxes the body and mind
- it boosts concentration
- it helps lower cholesterol and blood sugar, and
- it is full of vitamins and minerals.
Some say it has the most amount of antioxidants out of any super food, which I swear is the reason that I feel so great after drinking it.
Ingredients needed to make this Iced Almond Milk Matcha Latte
- matcha tea powder (culinary grade is best)
- hot water
- almond milk
- ice cubes
How to make a matcha latte with almond milk:
To make it, put 1 teaspoon of culinary grade matcha green tea powder into a mason jar.
I always use Kiss me Organics Matcha Tea, and personally find that it tastes better than every other type of matcha that I have tasted.
The color is also incredibly vibrant.
Then pour 1/2 cup of hot water into the mason jar, put the lid on the jar, and shake everything together.
Next, add 2 tsp of honey ( you can add more or less, but I find this amount to be perfect), and shake the mason jar again.
Add 1 cup of almond milk, and give the mason jar another hard shake.
Then fill the mason jar with ice, put the lid on top and give it a shake until all the liquid feels cold.
That’s it! Your iced almond milk matcha latte is ready to be consumed!
This paleo matcha latte can serve one… so you can drink this all by yourself from the mason jar itself OR it can serve two. Just pour it into two cups and serve.
My husband and I like to share it, but if I really needed a boost, I’ll drink it all by myself.
Easy tweaks to this dairy-free matcha latte:
(1) You can use any dairy-free milk that works for you
- From almond milk to oat milk to cashew milk. This recipe is vertile, so you can use whatever works best for you.
(2) You can change around the sweetener too
- I like using honey, but if you want this drink to be Vegan, you can use maple syrup or brown sugar.
- You can also try maple sugar, or date syrup. YUM.
PS- I discovered Elmhurst Almond Milk recently and it is the best tasting almond milk that I have found… just a PSA that I had to share. 🙂
More healthy almond milk drinks you may enjoy:
This Keto Bulletproof Coffee by my friend Maya at Wholesome Yum. If you are looking for an awesome caffeinated drink, try this!
This Homemade Strawberry Almond Milk from my blog! It’s not a drink recipe per say, but it is an amazing almond milk recipe made with the most delicious strawberry syrup. YUM.
Iced Almond Milk Matcha Latte (Paleo, GF)
- Put 1 teaspoon of culinary grade matcha green tea powder into a mason jar. Then pour 1/2 cup of hot water into the mason jar, put the lid on the jar, and shake everything together.
- Next, add 2 tsp of honey ( you can add more or less to your taste), put the lid on the jar, and shake the mason jar again until the honey has dissolved.
- Pour 1 cup of almond milk into the mason jar, put the lid back on the jar, and shake everything again.
- Then fill the mason jar with ice until it is full, put the lid on top, and shake it until all the liquid feels cold.
- Serves 1- 2.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.