Pumpkin Banana Smoothie
A creamy high protein Pumpkin Banana Smoothie recipe made with banana, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, cinnamon, greek yogurt and pumpkin pie spice. It makes for a delicious breakfast or snack!
Give me this healthy pumpkin smoothie all Fall long and I will be a happy camper. The combination of greek yogurt, pumpkin puree, almond butter, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice is so creamy and dreamy.
It tastes kind of like a cross between pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake. And it’s full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and protein.
This pumpkin and banana smoothie is delicious and healthy, which makes it a winner in my book.
Pumpkin smoothie recipe
Fall is my favorite recipe season. So I knew I needed to add a Fall banana smoothie to my collection of other Fall recipes.
My inspiration for this pumpkin smoothie recipe was my Dairy-free Banana Maple Smoothie.
It’s one of my favorite smoothie recipes, and when I thought about making it recently, I realized that it would be perfect with added pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice.
- frozen banana– frozen works better than non frozen because it adds a cool creaminess to the recipe.
- pumpkin puree- I used canned pumpkin puree but feel free to use fresh pumpkin puree if you have it.
- maple syrup– pure maple syrup is best here.
- greek yogurt (or regular yogurt, or dairy-free yogurt)– greek yogurt adds protein and a great tang to the recipe
- almond milk– any milk or non-dairy milk works
- almond butter– you could also use a different nut butter as well.
- ground cinnamon– Ceylon cinnamon has a rich flavor.
- pumpkin pie spice– you can buy it pre-made or make your own.
- crushed ice
- sweetener– You can use maple syrup, honey or dates to sweeten it.
- yogurt- You can use greek yogurt, regular yogurt or dairy-free yogurt.
- nut butter and milk- You also can use any milk or nut butter of your choice. For example you could use oat milk and peanut butter. Though keep in mind peanut butter has a stronger taste than almond butter.
- Fall spices– if you don’t have pumpkin pie spice or don’t want to use it, you can use ground nutmeg, ginger, cloves and cinnamon instead.
How to make this Pumpkin Banana Smoothie:
All you do is add everything to a high powered blender and mix until smooth!
Tip: because there is ice in this recipe, make sure that it is mixed really well so that you can’t feel the ice chunks. I use a high powered blender that works really well with this, but I feel like my old blender wouldn’t have been as good with it.
Then you have two options, (1) you can drink it from a cup or (2) you can turn it into a smoothie bowl.
Either way, you should add some toppings to your smoothie.
The best toppings for this smoothie:
The possibilities are endless but here are some of my favorite ideas…
- almond butter
- cocoa nibs
- chocolate chips
- sliced bananas
- fresh berries
- cocoa powder
- pumpkin seeds
- chia seeds
- pumpkin pie spice
- apple slices
- shredded carrots
- hemp hearts
Dietary tweaks possible:
As I mentioned above, this pumpkin and banana smoothie recipe is very easy to customize.
To make this recipe dairy-free:
- use a dairy-free yogurt
To make this recipe vegan:
- use a vegan yogurt and make sure to use maple syrup not honey
To make this recipe Paleo:
- use a Paleo yogurt. There are many Paleo yogurt recipes on the web, but I thought this one looked good.
Other healthy pumpkin recipes you may enjoy:
Pumpkin Olive Oil Cake– This is the ultimate almond flour pumpkin pumpkin cake that is made with olive oil, which makes the cake itself dairy-free. SO YUM.
Gluten-free Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies (Paleo)– I love how these brownies are made out of swirls of chocolate and pumpkin batter. SO SO good.
Pumpkin Banana Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice ( or 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg, 1/8 tsp ground ginger, 1/8 tsp ground cloves, and 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon )
- 3/4 cup crushed ice ( you can add more if needed)
- Add all of your ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth. Pour into a cup or bowl and serve.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.