This Banana Yogurt Smoothie with Maple Syrup is a creamy smoothie with the most delicious banana, maple syrup, and almond butter flavors. It comes together in 5 minutes and makes for a healthy and filling breakfast or snack!
I love this banana smoothie in particular because the flavors of banana, maple syrup, and almond butter compliment each other really well. And the yogurt in this recipe adds a nice amount of creaminess and protein to the smoothie, which helps keep you full for longer. It is a healthy smoothie that tastes amazing.
Table of Contents
Why this recipe works
- You only need a handful of ingredients. And it comes together quickly in a matter of minutes.
- It tastes amazing! It is like dessert in a cup, but in a healthier form.
- It can easily be made dairy free, by using dairy free yogurt.
- It is naturally gluten free and grain free.
- It has a high protein content thanks to the yogurt. This helps keep you full.
- Bananas are a good source of potassium.
- Maple syrup adds a beautiful flavor and sweetness to the smoothie. It also is filled with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
- frozen banana– I like to freeze my very ripe bananas the night before or a few days before. Just peel them and place into freezer safe bags and freeze.
- maple syrup– make sure to use a pure maple syrup.
- yogurt– Plain or vanilla yogurt is best. You can use greek yogurt, icelandic yogurt, or plain yogurt. You can also use dairy free yogurt if you are avoiding dairy.
- almond milk– or any type of milk of choice.
- almond butter– I like the drippy kind. Make sure it doesn’t have added sugar.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
How to make it
It is simple! Just add all of your ingredients into a high powered blender and mix. Then pour into a glass and enjoy.
Yes! It adds protein, which helps keep you full and satisfied. It also adds probiotics, which is great for your gut health.
Absolutely. I actually prefer it because maple syrup doesn’t harden when it gets cold.
Wait for them to get ripe, then peel them and place into freezer safe bags and freeze.
Other healthy smoothie recipes you’ll love:
This Chocolate Banana Protein Shake by Food Doodles. It is made with 3 ingredients and looks SO good.
This Pineapple and Banana Coconut Oil Smoothie. A simple but flavorful smoothie made with pineapple, banana, coconut water and coconut oil.
This Pumpkin Banana Smoothie is like pumpkin pie in a healthy drink form. It is SO good.
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Banana Yogurt Smoothie with Maple Syrup
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth. Start with a little bit of ice, taste and add more if needed.
- Serve and then sprinkle a little more almond butter on top of your smoothie.
- This recipe makes 2 cups of smoothie, which serves 1.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.