Easy Paleo Pumpkin Muffins (Dairy-free, Gluten-free)
Easy Paleo Pumpkin Muffins recipe. Delicious fluffy Fall spiced gluten-free pumpkin chocolate chip muffins that are also dairy-free, grain-free, and Paleo.
I can eat pumpkin muffins non-stop this time of year.
These Easy Paleo Pumpkin Muffins are similar to a childhood favorite pumpkin muffin of mine, except much more healthy.
They are made without any refined sugars or flours and without butter. They are naturally dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, and Paleo. But most importantly, they are decadently pumpkiny, moist, fluffy, and SO delicious.
Oh and they are toddler approved. Picky toddler approved.
Can we just talk about how my picky toddler actually likes these paleo pumpkin muffins?! She doesn’t like anything I bake but she loves these muffins.
I baked these gluten-free dairy-free pumpkin muffins twice in one week because she ate so many!
Which is fine by me because they are made with healthier-for-you ingredients.
Ingredients needed to make Easy Paleo Pumpkin Muffins:
- blanched almond flour
- tapioca flour
- coconut flour
- coconut sugar
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- ground cloves
- ground ginger
- melted coconut oil or extra light olive oil
- pumpkin puree
- vanilla extract
- dairy-free chocolate chips ( optional )
Tips for making these Gluten-free Paleo Pumpkin Muffins:
(1) OIL-I like to use extra light olive oil in this recipe. I honestly prefer it in all of my baking, but if you prefer coconut oil, that works great here. Just make sure to measure it in its melted state.
(2) Chocolate chips: they are optional!
If you want to keep the gluten-free dairy-free pumpkin muffins “pure” and really taste the Fall spices, then omit the chocolate chips.
BUT if you want to add a bit of chocolate bursting in each bite, which is also delicious, then feel free to add them in. The resulting gluten-free pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are delish!
I personally like to divide the batter in half and then add 1/3 cup chocolate chips to half the batter. That way you have 6 regular pumpkin muffins and 6 chocolate chip pumpkin muffins.
I like using Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips in this recipe.
(3) Make sure to use blanched almond flour in this recipe.
Blanched almond flour vs. almond meal: Blanched almond flour is better for baking because it is finely ground and the outer skin layer of the almond flour has been removed.
Almond meal is a bit heavier. It probably could work in this paleo pumpkin chocolate chip muffins recipe, but in general I think blanched almond flour is best for any Paleo or gluten-free baking.
How to make dairy-free pumpkin muffins:
To start, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg together in one bowl.
Then in another bowl, mix the eggs, pumpkin puree, oil and vanilla together.
After that, pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until completely combined.
If you are going to be adding chocolate chips, then fold them in at this point.
As I mentioned before, I like to make half chocolate chip pumpkin muffins and half regular pumpkin muffins. So I divide the batter evenly into two bowls and then I add 1/3 cup of dairy-free chocolate chips to one of the bowls.
If you want your whole batch of muffins to have chocolate chips, then add 2/3 cup of chocolate chips to the batter.
Likewise, if you want regular paleo pumpkin muffins and you don’t want any chocolate chips at all, don’t add them.
Pour the batter into the lined muffin tins and bake!
Other healthy pumpkin dessert recipes you may enjoy:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug (Paleo, Gluten-free, Dairy-free)– if you have 5 minutes, then you have time to make this cookie in a mug recipe!
Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Meringues Recipe by That’s Low Carb?!- it’s the best of the meringues and pumpkin spice flavor worlds!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread (Paleo, Gluten-free, Dairy-free)– this is the ultimate pumpkin banana bread recipe… it’s full of swirls of cinnamon streusel… so good!
Soft Paleo Pumpkin Molasses Cookies (GF)– these are the ultimate chewy and soft molasses flavored pumpkin cookies.
Paleo Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-free)– if pumpkin pie and chocolate chip cookies had a baby, it would be these cookies! They are the best!
Easy Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup extra light olive oil, ( or melted coconut oil)
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional- 2/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a standard size muffin baking pan with tin liners.
- Put almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, and ground ginger in a medium bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add the eggs, pumpkin puree, oil and vanilla extract. Mix.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together. If you are adding chocolate chips, fold them in.
- Then, evenly pour the pumpkin muffin batter into each muffin tin.
- Bake the muffins for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.