Bruschetta Grilled Chicken Salad recipe. A fun healthy twist on the classic Italian appetizer.
I love this Bruschetta Grilled Chicken Salad. It’s got all the great flavor of bruschetta, but without the bread, and with added protein and veggies.
It’s a great and light healthy meal that happens to be Paleo and Whole30.
This Bruschetta Grilled Chicken Salad is a favorite of my husband. He loves healthy paleo meals and especially loves any dish that has lots of protein in it.
I personally love it because it’s tasty, yet so easy to make. And it reminds me of Italy and traveling. 🙂
My husband and I went to Cinque Terre years ago. We went hiking and swimming and had the best bruschetta there.
Healthy meals like this make it easy to be active because it’s full of great nutrients.
If you also like being active outdoors and outdoor sports, check out Globo Surf, for great outdoor sports guides and reviews.
Ingredients needed to make this Bruschetta Grilled Chicken Salad:
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- butter lettuce
- red pepper
To make this dish, you start by making your own fresh bruschetta, with minced garlic, chopped onion, diced tomatoes, fresh basil, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
One tip that I learned a while back, was to roll up your fresh basil, and then slice it to get the max flavor out of it. 🙂
Then, you grill your chicken in some of the bruschetta to get lots of that great flavor into the chicken.
I love how the tomatoes, garlic and onion cook into the chicken here.
Next, you mix the rest of the bruschetta into a big green salad full of veggies, and mix. This way you really get that bruschetta flavor all over that salad.
The goal is to taste bruschetta as much as possible. 🙂
Lastly, top the salad with slices of the grilled chicken.
It really doesn’t get much easier than that!
And you have a fresh, healthy, Paleo, Whole30, delicious salad that you can enjoy for lunch or dinner.
Other healthy salad recipes you may enjoy:
Bruschetta Grilled Chicken Salad (Paleo, Whole30)
- 1 1/2 lbs thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup shredded fresh basil
- 6 Tbs olive oil
- 5 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 7 ounces butter lettuce
- ½ of a red bell pepper, , sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- In a medium bowl, make the bruschetta mixture. Add the minced garlic, chopped onion, diced tomatoes, shredded fresh basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well with a fork.
- Put the chicken into a frying pan and top with ½ cup of the bruschetta mixture. Heat over medium heat and cook for 7-10 on each side, until chicken is no longer pink and the liquid has evaporated. Slice the chicken into strips.
- Add the butter lettuce, red pepper and shredded carrot to a large bowl. Add the bruschetta mixture and mix the salad all together. Then, top with sliced chicken.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.