Dairy-Free Chocolate Mousse Balls (Gluten-free)
Dairy-Free Chocolate Mousse Balls recipe. Decadent chocolate mousse is made from Coco whip and dairy-free chocolate and then rolled into balls and dunked in crushed crunchy cinnamon cookies.
I am SO excited about this Dairy-Free Chocolate Mousse Balls recipe. It’s basically bite sized balls of dairy-free chocolate mousse rolled up and dunked in crushed up grain-free, gluten-free cinnamon cookies.
It’s like having homemade dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan chocolate truffles or candies at your fingertips. And the best part is that you only need three ingredients to make them.
Yes, only three ingredients!
And when I say ingredients, I mean products…. because these Dairy-Free Chocolate Mousse Balls are an EASY, BUSY mom type of recipe.
The idea behind them weren’t a genius recipe idea on my part… I must admit.
I actually based it off of an old Mousse Balls recipe that I used to make years and years ago made with Cool Whip, Nilla Wafers and Hershey’s Chocolate.
However, since changing my lifestyle, there hadn’t been products on the market that would make it easy to make something similar… until now!
Ingredients needed for these Dairy-Free Chocolate Mousse Balls:
- A tub of So Delicious Coco Whip
- A box of Simple Mills Crunchy Cinnamon Cookies
- Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Dairy-free Mega Chunk Chocolate Chips
I purchased all of my ingredients at Whole Foods, but I know you can buy these products elsewhere.
I would do a quick check for a store locator for the CoCo Whip, prior to grocery shopping so that you don’t have to go to more than one store.
Tips on how to make this Dairy-Free Chocolate Mousse Balls recipe
Step 1– Prep
- To start off, you will need to thaw out your Coco Whip.
- While the Coco Whip is thawing, it’s time to crush the cookies!
- I like to put the Simple Mills Crunchy Cinnamon Cookies into a food processor to crush them up. It takes no time at all!
- Then, you melt the dairy-free Enjoy life chocolate in a microwave safe bowl.
- The trick to melting the chocolate in the microwave is to only heat it for 30 seconds at a time. Then after each 30 second session, you mix the chocolate.
- This ensures you don’t burn the chocolate while microwaving
- You’ll probably end up microwaving the chocolate for 1.5 minutes total.
- You have to let the melted chocolate cool to room temperature.
Step 2– Mix
- Once the Coco Whip is thawed and the Enjoy Life chocolate is melted and cooled to room temperature, then you can mix them together to make a chocolate mousse
**Note: make sure your chocolate is cooled to room temperature because if it isn’t then it will clump when it mixes into the cool Coco Whip.
- I like to fold them into eachother.
- Then put the chocolate mousse into the refrigerator for 2 hours or the freezer for 30-45 minutes. ( You’ll want the mousse to be hardened a bit )
Step 3– Roll
- You will need to roll the mousse into balls and dunk them in the crushed cookies.
- You can do this two ways:
- Roll the mousse into balls with your hands and then dunk them in the crushed cookies OR
- Take a tablespoon amount of the mousse and put it into the cookie crumbs. Then, use a spoon to cover the mousse with cookie crumbs. Pick up the crumb covered mousse and roll it into a ball in between your hands.
- Note: I like option 2, especially if the mousse hasn’t hardened enough in the fridge.
- Once you have your cookie covered mousse ball, dunk it one more time in the cookie crumbs and place it on a plate.
Step 4– Refrigerate the mousse balls for 30 minutes
That’s it! You just keep these bad boys in the fridge until you want to eat them.
Other Dairy-free Chocolate Recipes:
These Dairy-free Vegan Chocolate Truffles from Food Faith Fitness. They legit look like professional chocolates!
These Fudgy Chocolate Chunk Brownies are so ooey gooey melty. You’d never guess they were Paleo and dairy-free.
This Edible Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is dangerous. Once I make it, I can’t stop eating it!
These Chocolate Chocolate Chip Sea Salt Cookies are the ultimate in chocolate decadence!
Dairy-Free Chocolate Mousse Balls (Gluten-free)
- Thaw the Coco Whip. While it is thawing, put the cookies into a food processor to turn into cookie crumbs.
- Next, melt the chocolate in microwave. Put the chocolate into a microwave safe bowl, then microwave for 30 seconds, and mix. Microwave for another 30 seconds and mix. Repeat once more if needed. I needed to microwave the chocolate for a total of 1.5 minutes.
- Let the melted chocolate cool to room temperature. Note: if the chocolate is too hot it will become chunky when mixed into the coco whip.
- Fold the thawed Coco Whip and the melted chocolate together until fully mixed. Start by folding it then stir.
- Refrigerate the chocolate mixture for 2 hours. You can also put it into the freezer for 30-45 minutes.
- Next, roll the mousse into balls and dunk into the cookie crumbs. You can do this two ways 1) roll the mousse into balls with your hands and then dunk in the cookie crumbs or 2) take a tablespoon amount of the mousse and put into the cookie crumbs, then take a spoon and cover the mousse with more crumbs, then roll it into a ball in between your hands. I like doing option 2, especially if the mousse hasn't hardened enough in the fridge.
- Once you have your cookie covered mousse ball, dunk it one more time in the cookie crumbs.
- Place the ball on a plate and repeat until all the mousse is used up.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and serve. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Yields 35 mousse balls.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.