Chocolate Chocolate Chip Sea Salt Cookies (Paleo, Gluten-free)
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Sea Salt Cookies recipe. The ultimate dairy-free, gluten-free, and Paleo chocolate cookies that are fudgy, rich, and full of dark chocolate flavor.
I have never posted a double chocolate chip cookie on this blog before… And now seems like the perfect time to post one.
These Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-free, Grain-free Chocolate Chocolate Chip Sea Salt Cookies are the ultimate double chocolate chip cookie. They are fudgy, rich, and full of dark chocolate flavor.
They are not for the faint of chocolate heart. What I mean by that is… you have to be a chocolate lover for these cookies because you will be in a blissful chocolate coma after eating these.
These Chocolate Chocolate Chip Sea Salt Cookies are basically part brownie, part fudgy cookie…and ALL dark chocolate deliciousness.
They taste AMAZING warm and with a glass of milk. Nom.
My recipe was inspired by these Salted Dark Chocolate Cookies from Sally’s Baking Addiction. I basically wanted to eat those cookies but I wanted them to be made with healthier, less inflammatory ingredients.
So I “paleoified” them and these healthy double chocolate chip cookies turned out juuuuuust perfect.
How to make cookies Paleo, Dairy-free, and Gluten-free:
Making a recipe Paleo, Dairy-free, and Gluten-free… aka “paleoifying” them… involves making it dairy-free, gluten-free, refined sugar free, and refined flour free.
This includes using different flours to replace all-purpose flour. I like using almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, arrowroot flour, and chestnut flours.
Paleoifying recipes also includes getting rid of the processed sugars in a recipe. I like using maple syrup, honey, and coconut sugar.
Lastly, paleoifying recipes involves making them dairy-free. This includes finding butter and milk replacements. My go-to for this is using olive oil or coconut oil, as well as almond milk or coconut milk.
Ingredients needed to make these Chocolate Chocolate Chip Sea Salt Cookies:
- almond flour
- tapioca flour
- coconut glour
- cocoa powder
- baking soda
- salt and sea salt
- olive oil
- coconut sugar
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- almond milk
- dairy-free chocolate chips
Using these healthier ingredient replacements results in recipes that are easier to digest and that are healthier for the body because they have less processed ingredients in them.
I know that this makes all the difference in the world for my husband, as processed foods and dairy make his body very inflamed.
So it’s nice for him to be able to eat delicious treats, like these Paleo Chocolate Chocolate Chip cookies, without his body feeling bad.
Tips on making these healthy double chocolate chip cookies:
To start, make sure you using unsweetened cocoa powder.
Also, make sure you use light olive oil so the taste is on the lighter side.
After that, mix the dry and wet ingredients together with a hand-held mixer. THEN add the almond milk.
This dough requires chilling. If I have time, I chill the dough in the refrigerator for around 3 hours. But I usually don’t feel like waiting so I freeze it for 45 minutes- 60 minutes.
Basically the dough needs to be chilled enough that it thickens and you can roll it into a ball. The point of chilling it is so that it is easier to manage when forming it into balls.
The sea salt in this recipe is optional BUT highly encouraged. It goes so well with the sweet chocolate flavors of these cookies.
These Paleo Chocolate Chocolate Chip cookies taste delicious and you’d never know that they were Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-free, and Grain-free.
Which makes them perfect to bring to your next holiday party or to a friends house.
Side note: I had a friend taste them and she even said, “These don’t even taste paleo!”. 🙂
Other chocolate dessert recipes you may enjoy:
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Sea Salt Cookies (Paleo, GF)
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 2 Tbs coconut flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup extra light olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs almond milk
- 1 cup dairy-free dark chocolate morsels
- sea salt to sprinkle on top
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together until combined. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, add the olive oil, coconut sugar, and maple syrup. Beat using a using a hand-held mixer on medium high speed until the mixture thickens. Add the egg and vanilla, and beat again.
- On a low speed, mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Add the almond milk and beat at a high speed. Mix in the the chocolate chips with a fork. Leave the dough in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Chill in refrigerator for 3 hours or freeze for 45 minutes- an hour. The dough needs to be chilled enough that it thickens and you can roll it into a ball.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Scoop out and roll balls of the dough, about the size of a golf ball. Put each cookie dough ball onto the cookie sheet and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes. Then, let them cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes and then let them cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.