Carrot Broccoli Pine Nut and Goat Cheese Quiche with a Sweet Potato Crust (Gluten-Free)
Carrot Broccoli Pine Nut and Goat Cheese Quiche with a Sweet Potato Crust recipe. A delicious Gluten-Free quiche filled with carrots and broccoli and seasoned with nutmeg, pine nuts and goat cheese.
I am obsessed with this Carrot Broccoli Pine Nut and Goat Cheese Quiche with a Sweet Potato Crust. I know it is a mouthful to say, but this quiche has to be one of my favorite recipes on this blog. The flavors here are just so complimentary. It’s basically all of my favorite things put into quiche form.
Add a fresh salad to your plate, and you’ve got the ultimate healthy meal with a French flair.
Note: this recipe was originally published 11/13/2014, and was updated with new photos and a few recipe tweaks 04/02/2020.
This quiche was inspired by a lunch that I had while studying abroad in Lyon, France in 2013.
I ate some of the best food of my life in Lyon… including the best chocolate eclair, raspberry cheesecake, cinnamon cupcake, lobster quenelle, Swiss cheese pizza, and carrot goat cheese pine nut quiche.
The quiche that I ate was so amazing that I decided to recreate my own version. Which resulted in this Carrot Broccoli Pine Nut and Goat Cheese Quiche with a Sweet Potato Crust recipe.
Ingredients needed to make this Carrot Broccoli Pine Nut and Goat Cheese Quiche with a Sweet Potato Crust:
- sweet potatoes
- olive oil
- shredded carrots
- broccoli florets
- crumbled goat cheese
- almond milk or coconut milk
- pine nuts
- salt and pepper
The ingredients might seem random but they work so well together. The sweetness of the sweet potatoes and carrots works so well with the nutmeg and goat cheese accents, as well as with the savory pine nuts and broccoli.
This quiche is naturally gluten-free and grain-free because of the sweet potato crust.
The goat cheese in it means it isn’t dairy-free but it is still considered “Primal”.
How to make this sweet potato crust quiche:
Step 1: Make the sweet potato crust
- Slice your sweet potatoes into thin slices.
- Then lay them out in a circular pattern in your pie/tart dish. I do this following a circular pattern on the bottom of the dish. This involves overlapping the slices so that the tart dish doesn’t show. Then, cut some of the slices in half or use smaller slices to place along the side of the dish.
- Spray the potatoes with an olive oil spray.
- Then bake the sweet potato crust for 20 minutes
Step 2: Mix and prepare the quiche ingredients together
- Start off by cooking the onion and garlic in a frying pan.
- Then add the broccoli and shredded carrots and cook them for a few minutes.
- Then mix the eggs, almond or coconut milk, some of the crumbled goat cheese, salt, pepper, and nutmeg together in a large bowl. Mix in some pine nuts.
- Add the cooked carrots, broccoli, onion and garlic to the egg mixture
Step 3: Bake
- Pour the quiche mixture into the sweet potato crust.
- Top with a bit more goat cheese and pine nuts
- Bake for 40 minutes
How to serve this carrot quiche:
With a side salad.
I personally love making a large side salad and serving this quiche with a big salad to go with it. It tastes great with salad that has a simple vinegar based salad dressing. This makes for a great lunch or dinner option.
With a side of bacon.
You could also eat this quiche as is for breakfast with some bacon on the side.
Other potato quiche recipes you may enjoy:
Carrot, Broccoli, Pine Nut & Goat Cheese Quiche w/ a Sweet Potato Crust (GF)
- 1 1/2 large sweet potatoes ( or 6 small sweet potatoes), peeled and sliced very thin
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1.5 cups shredded carrots
- 1.5 cups small broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese divided
- 1/4 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbs pine nuts divided
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9.5 inch round tart/pie pan ( I used a le creuset tart dish and it worked great.)
- Lay out the sliced sweet potatoes in the pie dish in a crust-like fashion. Make sure there is some overlap on the bottom and then some smaller slices or slices cut in half standing up along the side of the pan. Spray the potatoes with an olive oil spray.
- Bake the sweet potato crust for 20 minutes.
- While the sweet potato crust is baking, put 1 tbs of olive oil into a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the the minced onion and garlic to the pan, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then, add the broccoli and shredded carrots to the pan, mix, and let them cook for about 4 minutes, stirring every so often. Set the pan aside.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, almond or coconut milk, 1/2 cup of crumbled goat cheese, salt, pepper, and nutmeg together with a whisk. Add 1/2 cup of pine nuts to the egg mixture and mix.
- Once the sweet potato crust is cooked, remove from the oven and reduce the oven heat to 375 degrees F.
- Add the cooked carrot and broccoli into the egg mixture and then pour the whole thing into the sweet potato crust.
- Add 1/4 cup of crumbled goat cheese and 2 Tbs of pine nuts to the top of the quiche.
- Put the whole thing into the oven for 40 minutes. Let the quiche sit for 15-20 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.