Paleo Gluten-free Spinach Bacon Quiche
Paleo Gluten-free Spinach Bacon Quiche recipe. A yummy dairy-free quiche with a delicious flakey crust and a fresh spinach and crispy bacon filling.
It’s about time that I posted this Paleo Gluten-free Spinach Bacon Quiche recipe! It’s a savory quiche made with a delicious egg, nutmeg, fresh spinach and crispy bacon filling.
It’s also got a delicious crispy flakey satisfying crust. This quiche is a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner option. It’s naturally dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, and Paleo too!
Ever since coming up with my Easy Paleo Tart Crust recipe, I have wanted to use that crust to make a Paleo Gluten-free quiche.
Don’t get me wrong, I love using sweet potatoes or potatoes as the crust to make quiches…. but sometimes you just want a classic flakey crust for your quiche. Am I right?!
Ingredients needed to make this Paleo Gluten-free Spinach Bacon Quiche:
- almond flour
- tapioca flour
- coconut flour
- plant based shortening
- almond milk ( or the non-dairy milk of your choice )
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- ground nutmeg
- fresh spinach
- salt and pepper
How to make this Paleo Gluten-free Spinach Bacon Quiche:
To start, you need to make the crust! And to do that you need a food processor.
Add the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, shortening, and salt to the food processor and mix. Then add the water and egg and mix again.
Then take the mixture out of the food processor, roll it into a ball and place it on your tart pan.
Push the dough evenly down into your tart pan until the pan is fully covered. Then poke holes into the crust.
Partially bake the crust for about 10 minutes.
The quiche mixture
While it is baking, start making the quiche mixture!
To do this, cook the bacon in the microwave. I like to cover a plate in paper towels, add the bacon and cover them in paper towels.
I usually cook the bacon for one minute per slice of bacon that is on the plate.
Then get a large bowl out and add the eggs to it. Add the almond milk, onion powder, garlic powder, nutmeg, salt and pepper to the bowl as well and whisk.
Note: the nutmeg adds a creamy sweetness to the quiche that I love. You really can’t taste it, but if you don’t like the taste maybe omit it.
Then, cut the bacon up into pieces and cut the stems off of the fresh spinach. Add the bacon and spinach to the egg mixture and mix.
Note: a lot of quiche recipes use frozen spinach, but I don’t really like making quiche with frozen spinach. I find that fresh spinach works great. You just need to make sure to cut the stems off!
Pour the quiche egg mixture into the partially baked crust and cook the quiche until it is set in the center.
How to serve this Paleo Gluten-free Spinach Bacon Quiche:
If you are having it for breakfast, this quiche is great as is.
If you are having it for lunch or dinner, I highly suggest adding a side salad to it. I love eating this quiche with a side salad covered in a balsamic mustard dressing.
The salad dressing tastes so good with the quiche. YUM!
And if you are feeling fancy, add some fries too! Then you’ll have the ultimate treat of a meal. 🙂
Other healthier quiche recipes you may enjoy:
Paleo Gluten-free Spinach Bacon Quiche
- 5-7 strips of bacon
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups fresh spinach, with the stems cut off
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9.5 inch round tart pan ( I used a le creuset tart dish and it works great.)
Quiche crust instructions:
- Add 3/4 cup almond flour, 1/2 cup tapioca flour, 3 Tbs coconut flour, 1/2 cup non-hydrogenated plant based organic shortening, and 1/2 tsp salt to a food processor. Mix until fully integrated. It should be thick and creamy looking, but with large chunks.
- Add 2 Tbs of water and 1 egg to the food processor and and mix. It should be thick and creamy looking. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Take the pie crust mixture out of the food processor and roll it into a ball in your hands. Put the ball into the center of the tart dish and push it gently into the pan until it has been evenly distributed. I find that it helps to have slightly wet hands to do this so it doesn’t stick too much. Also, make sure there aren’t holes in the crust when you are pushing it into the dish.
- Then, poke the pie crust with a fork to make small holes all around the bottom of the pie dish, and push the pie crust into the sides of the tart dish with a fork.
- Partially bake the pie crust for 10 minutes at 375 F, then set it aside.
- Cook the bacon in the microwave. Place a paper towel on a microwave safe plate, and place the bacon on top of it. Then cover bacon in a paper towel. Cook for 5 minutes. The bacon should be crispy at this point. If that isn’t enough then cook for another minute or two. Once the bacon has cooled, snap the bacon into pieces.
- Next, mix the quiche mixture together. In a large bowl, add 8 eggs, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp pepper, and 1/2 tsp of salt and mix with a fork or whisk.
- Then add 4 cups of fresh spinach and the bacon pieces to the mixture and mix.
- Pour the mixture on top of the partially pre-baked crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 375 degrees F, until the quiche is set in the center.
- Let the quiche sit for 15 minutes before eating.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.