Breakfast Banana Sushi
This breakfast banana sushi is a fun and healthy way to serve and prepare bananas. Bananas are sliced and covered in almond butter, chia seeds, hemp hearts and cacao nibs.
If you are looking for a different breakfast or snack option, then you need to try this banana sushi recipe! All you need are a handful of ingredients to make a delicious and healthy recipe. And you can tweak it to fit any of your dietary needs or personal preferences.
Table of Contents
- Why this recipe works
- Recipe ingredients
- Additions/ Substitutions
- Step by step instructions
- Recipe FAQs
- Other breakfast recipes you’ll love:
Why this recipe works
- It is EASY! It takes less than 5 minutes and you probably already have everything you need in your home.
- It is healthy. This recipe is full of healthy fats, potassium, and vitamins.
- It is versatile. You can use whatever toppings or nut butter that you want.
- It is kid friendly. My toddlers think this is so fun and love it.
- Banana– any ripe large banana works. Make sure it is as ripe or as unripe as you prefer to eat them.
- Almond butter– a creamy almond butter works best in this recipe.
- Chia seeds– these help build a solid topping on top of the breakfast sushi. They are filled with omega-3s as well.
- Cacao nibs– this superfood adds a nice crunch and chocolatey taste. I like the ones from Anthonys.
- Hemp hearts– these are a good source of fiber and omega-3s.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
- Instead of almond butter, you can use peanut butter, cashew butter, or sunflower butter.
- Instead of chia seeds, cacao nibs or hemp hearts, you can use flax seeds, mini chocolate chips, shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds, or any type of topping of choice.
Step by step instructions
Step 1: Peel your banana and place it on a plate. Add the almond butter and the toppings to a full banana.
Step 2: Cut the banana into slices.
Step 3: Enjoy!
You can add chocolate, sprinkle brown sugar on top, freeze dried fruit or mix jam into the almond butter.
Use a salted nut butter, add salty seeds or nuts on top, or even sprinkle sea salt on top.
In an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days.
Other breakfast recipes you’ll love:
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Breakfast Banana Sushi
- Place a peeled banana onto a nonstick surface, like on wax paper or parchment paper.
- Cover the banana in almond butter, and spread it evenly with a knife.
- Top it with the ingredients of your choice, such as chia seeds, hemp hearts and cacao nibs.
- Slice the banana into small- medium sized slices.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.