Caramel Apple Banana Bread (Paleo, GF)
I know I have posted a few banana bread recipes already, but I HAD to share this one. Diced fall apples covered in a rich caramel sauce are layered in between layers of banana bread, are slathered on top of the bread, and are baked to perfection.
This Caramel Apple Banana Bread is the definition of decadent.
I didn’t expect adding caramel covered diced apples to change banana bread so much but WOW, this is amazing.
It makes the banana bread incredibly moist and adds a buttery richness to it that is just so so good and so perfect for Fall.
One of my good friends, who is a frequent recipe tester of mine and who has tried many versions of my paleo banana breads, told me that this is the absolute best banana bread that I have made to date.
She said that the caramel mixed with the apples really kicked this recipe up a notch.
And I’d have to agree.
Drizzle some extra caramel sauce on top of a warm slice, make yourself a cup of coffee or tea and let me know what you think.
It’s worth the extra prep work of making caramel sauce in advance.
I recently made a double batch of my Paleo Caramel Sauce recipe because I wanted to have paleo caramel sauce at my disposal. It is Fall after all.
And I’d have to say that this caramel sauce is the star of the show. It just makes everything better. ESPECIALLY banana bread.
I would recommend serving this banana bread warm and drizzling it with extra caramel sauce.
I also recommend bringing this Caramel Apple Banana Bread to a Fall party or to a friend’s house. It just brightens up your day.
P.S- I’m sorry for using the same kitchen towels for all of my recent posts. I can’t help it! I really love the color and patterns and they just are perfect for my Fall mood (they are from Sur la table).
Caramel Apple Banana Bread (paleo, GF)
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour, (I like the Nutiva Organic brand)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup honey, ( I used a very scant ½)
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- ½ cup + 1 Tbs canned coconut cream
- 2 Tbs coconut oil, (melted)
- 2 mashed bananas, ( this was ½ cup of mashed bananas for me)
- 1 apple, , diced (this was a heaping cup-full for me)
- 1/2 cup paleo caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a small metal loaf pan with wax paper. (I used a 9.25 x 5.5 x 2.75 in metal loaf pan)
- Put the 1 cup of diced apples into a small bowl, cover in 1/2 cup of caramel sauce and set aside.
- In medium bowl 1, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground cloves with a fork. Set the bowl aside.
- In medium bowl 2, mix the eggs, honey, vanilla, and coconut cream with an electric mixer until well mixed. Add the melted coconut oil to the bowl and mix with the electric mixer until well blended. Add the mashed banana to the bowl and mix with the electric mixer until well blended.
- Put bowl 1 into bowl 2 and mix with an electric mixer.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into the lined loaf pan and pat down with a metal spoon to make an even layer. Cover in 1/2 of the diced apples and caramel sauce.
- Pour the other 1/2 of the batter on top of the apples and caramel and pat down with the back of a metal spoon. Pour the remaining diced apples and caramel sauce on top of the batter and then put the pan into the oven.
- Bake for 65 minutes. Note, the bread may appear wet looking because of the way the caramel sauce cooks, but it will be done in 65 minutes. 🙂
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.