Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Paleo, GF)
Banana bread has consistently been a wonderful Paleo baked good in my house. It doesn’t taste like it has been “paleo-ized” or “healthified”… aka a shadow of it’s former unhealthy self. It just tastes delicious!
Dare I say that banana bread tastes better when it is Paleo and non-processed?! I think so, especially this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe.
Why? Well, for starters there is no butter in this Paleo version! There is certainly a time and a place for butter in baked goods, but it does not have to be in banana bread.
It could just be me, but my body doesn’t feel great when lots of butter is involved. And I also hate feeling like my body just went swimming in butter after eating a butter-filled banana bread. You know what I mean?
Another reason this Paleo banana bread tastes better than processed banana bread is that there is no refined sugar inside!
Sugar is snuck into so many of our foods that it’s nice to take a break from the processed stuff.
I honestly can’t imagine going back to non-paleo versions of banana bread after cooking so many paleo muffins and breads for the past seven months or so. It all started with my Honey Banana Cake recipe, which took me quite a few tries to get right!
But I think I have the hang of Paleo baking now and so I’m happily sharing this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe.
This moist, filling, satisfying, full of Enjoy Life chocolate chip goodness, Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. I used mini chocolate chips because I prefer getting smaller bursts of chocolate goodness in my bites, but feel free to use bigger ones.
Enjoy Life chocolate chips are dairy-free, nut-free chocolate and they have been my go-to for dairy-free baking.
I’ve made this banana bread several times already and every time that I make it, it disappears so quickly! Two of my friends tested it out this weekend and they really liked it!
Hearing, “This is Paleo? Really?” always makes me feel successful after creating a recipe.
What makes me feel great as well is using good recipes creatively. I used this recipe to come up with something pretty fun, and creative.
Basically, it’s using this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe to make french toast! I meannnnnn, can you think of a better use for banana bread? NOM.
I like using a mixture of raw honey and Italian honey in this recipe. I find that it makes the batter smell like cake batter. Yuuummm.
I hope you enjoy it as much as me. 🙂
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (paleo, GF)
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour, ( I like Nutiva Organic for quality and price)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- scant ½ cup honey
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- 2 Tbs coconut oil, , melted
- 2 mashed bananas, ( this was ½ cup of mashed bananas for me)
- ½ cup chocolate chips, (I use the Enjoy Life brand because it's dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free and gluten-free)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a small metal loaf pan with parchment paper. (I used a 9.25 x 5.5 x 2.75 in metal loaf pan)
- In bowl 1, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt with a fork. Set the bowl aside.
- In bowl 2, mix the eggs, honey, vanilla, and coconut milk with an electric mixer until well mixed. Add the coconut oil to the bowl and mix with the electric mixer until well blended. Add the mashed banana to the bowl and mix with the electric mixer until well blended.
- Put bowl 1 into bowl 2 and mix with an electric mixer.
- Fold most of the ½ cup of chocolate chips into the batter. Leave some to the side to put on top of the batter.
- Pour the batter into a lined loaf pan and then pat the top of the batter with a spoon to make sure it is flat. Place some of the chocolate chips on top of the batter and push down with a spoon.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.