Grilled Pineapple Salsa (Paleo)
Grilled Pineapple Salsa recipe. Add a touch of sweetness to your homemade healthy salsa with a bit of grilled pineapple.
I’m super excited to be sharing this Grilled Pineapple Salsa recipe today! For so many reasons.
For starters, this Grilled Pineapple Salsa is so so delicious, and so easy to make, that it needs to be on your rotation. Especially now that football season is starting. Why avoid football party food, when you can just make your own delicious Paleo football party food?
Secondly, I’m excited about this recipe because it means that I’m back! I apologize for my random posting schedule lately. I just moved again!
Across the country this time… which means that with a 28 hour road trip, living out of a motel for a while, and finally moving into a new place, I was out of commission for a bit, buuuut I’m ready to post recipes regularly again. Yay!
I kind of want to go back to the first reason I was excited about this recipe for a second… how delicious and easy this Grilled Pineapple Salsa recipe is to make and how you need it for football season.
Honestly, we all know that football season is also the season of chips and dip, beer, fun get-togethers, and party food!
You really don’t have to avoid food at these events, just bring your own!
This Grilled Pineapple Salsa recipe is going to become my go-to as well. I’ve been needing a good salsa recipe in my life!
And don’t worry, you don’t need a grill to grill the pineapple. You just set your oven to the broil setting and, that’s it!
Also, if you think that you’ll have nothing to dunk your salsa into, that’s not true, plantain chips are a fantastic Paleo chip option. Their hint of sweetness makes them even better than regular chips.
They are a must!
And my last reason that I am excited about this recipe is how easy it is to customize!
I personally do not like green bell peppers or cilantro (it tastes like soap to me), so I didn’t include it in the recipe. But if you want to add some in, feel free. Also, you can use more or less pineapple, and more or less cumin and paprika.
Honestly, making salsa is so much easier than I thought! So much so, that I will be for sure making my own from now on.
Grilled Pineapple Salsa (paleo, GF)
- Set your oven to “broil” and move the oven rack to the top notch in the oven.
- Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place 4-6 pineapple rings onto the pan. Cover the tops of the pineapple rings with 1-2 tsp of maple syrup. Broil them for 5-7 minutes, until grilled on top. (Check the pineapple often because the speed at which they grill depends on the oven). Remove the pineapple rings and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add 2 cups chopped tomatoes, 3/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper, 1/2 cup diced white onion, 3 Tbs lime juice, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, and 1 tsp paprika. Mix well.
- Cut the pineapple into chunks and add to the salsa. I added 4 rings, which resulted in 1.5 cups of diced grilled pineapple. Mix and then serve.
- This recipe makes 3 cups of salsa.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.