7 Layer Dairy-free Taco Dip with Turkey
This dairy-free taco dip is a healthy 7 layer dip made using ground turkey. It comes together in less than 30 minutes and can easily be made Paleo and Whole30 compliant.
I LOVE a good taco dip. Its a fun and delicious way to get all the best taco flavors all in one shot. This dairy free 7 layer dip is made with the following layers:
1) my magic ground turkey taco meat
2) refried beans
6) olives and
7) dairy-free queso
I love that this recipe is easily customizable. You can add or subtract layers based on your dietary needs. I also love eating it with plantain chips. YUM.
Table of Contents
- Why you’ll love this recipe
- Recipe ingredients
- Step by step instructions
- Recipe FAQs
- Other dairy-free appetizers you’ll love:
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It is delicious!
- It’s easy to put together, all you have to do is cook the ground turkey, and chop up veggies.
- It is ready in less than 30 minutes!
- It is easy to customize to your dietary needs.
- For example, you can make this dip Paleo and Whole30 compliant by removing the refried bean layer and replacing it with another layer like onions or cilantro ( or both!)
- ground turkey– ground turkey with regular fat works best. It gives better flavor than a low fat kind but both work.
- tomato paste– any brand with simple ingredients.
- hot sauce– I love Franks hot sauce because it is made with simple ingredients.
- taco seasonings– this includes a mixture of salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, onion powder, dried parsley, dried oregano.
- refried beans-I use canned refried beans.
- salsa– you can make your own or use a good quality store bought one.
- guacamole– again, you can make your own or use a good quality store bought one.
- shredded lettuce– your favorite type of shredded lettuce.
- black olives– the ones of your choice.
- dairy-free queso– the dairy-free queso that I use is from the brand Good Foods. It is made with almonds and red peppers and it tastes amazingly like queso! I buy mine from Target.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Step by step instructions
Step 1: start making the magic taco meat.
Put the ground turkey into the pan and cover it in all the taco seasonings (salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, onion powder, dried parsley, dried oregano).
Step 2: Add the tomato paste and hot sauce to the turkey and mix.
Then push the ground turkey to one side of the pan and add diced red bell peppers to the other half and let sit for several minutes while cooking.
Step 3: Let the meat cook until done.
Step 4: Add the cooked ground turkey layer to the pan.
Step 5: Add the refried bean layer on top.
Step 6: Add the salsa layer to the pan.
Step 7: Add the guacamole layer.
Step 8: Add the shredded lettuce layer.
Step 9: Add the black olives and dairy-free queso layers.
To make this recipe Paleo and Whole30 compliant, remove the refried bean layer and replace it with the layer of your choice. You can easily add onions or cilantro or both!
Keep it in the pan that you used and cover in aluminum foil. Keep in the fridge for 1-2 days.
You can serve regular chips, plantain chips, Siete chips ( these are Paleo), baby carrots.
Other dairy-free appetizers you’ll love:
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Dairy-free 7 Layer Ground Turkey Taco Dip (Gluten-free, Paleo option)
Magic Ground Turkey Taco Layer
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey (94% fat or a little bit more, don’t use 99% lean, a little fat here makes the recipe better)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 3 Tbs tomato paste
- 2 Tbs hot sauce (Frank’s is Paleo and Whole30)
- 1 red pepper , diced
- 1.5 cups refried beans , heated in the microwave
- 1 cup salsa Note: you can buy this or make your own. I bought one at the store. Make sure there is no sugar in the ingredient list
- 1 cup guacamole Note: you can buy this or make your own.
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup black olives quartered
- 1 cup dairy-free queso I used the one from Good Foods
Magic Ground Turkey Taco Layer instructions:
- In a large frying pan, add 2 tsp of olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add the ground turkey to the pan. Top the ground turkey with 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp ground pepper, a pinch of red pepper flakes, 3/4 tsp chili powder, 3/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/8 tsp cumin, 3/4 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp dried parsley, and 1/2 tsp oregano. Mix the spices into the ground turkey while breaking the turkey up into smaller pieces. Add 3 Tbs tomato paste, and 2 Tbs hot sauce to the ground turkey and mix. Then move the ground turkey in the pan so that it fills only 1/2 of the pan, put the diced red pepper so it fills the other half of the pan.
- Increase the heat to medium-high heat and cook for 5 minutes, without mixing. Mix the red peppers and ground turkey together for about 1 minute. Then, cook the mixture for another 4 minutes while mixing every so often. The ground turkey is done, when it is cooked through and browned. Set the mixture aside to cool.
- Pour the Magic Ground Turkey Taco mixture into an 8 in x 8 in pan and even it out with a spatula. Heat the refried beans in the microwave and evenly spread on top of the meat with a spatula. Add the salsa on top of that and spread it out evenly with a spatula. Pour the guacamole on top, and spread it out evenly with a spatula. Then, sprinkle the shredded lettuce on top of the guac layer. Next add the olives. Lastly add your queso layer and evenly spread it out with a spatula.
- Note: if making this recipe Paleo or Whole30, don't add the refried bean layer and add diced onions or cilantro instead.
- Also, if you want your dip to be warm, cook it at 400 F for 15 minutes.
- I love Franks hot sauce because it is made with simple ingredients.
- The dairy-free queso that I use is from the brand Good Foods. It is made with almonds and red peppers and it tastes amazingly like queso! I buy mine from Target.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.
4 Comments on “7 Layer Dairy-free Taco Dip with Turkey”
This was so delicious! We changed up taco Tuesday and made this for dinner served with siete chips! Huge hit with everyone including my 14 and 8 yr olds. I loved adding the red pepper to the meat, another layer of veggies snuck in and so good! I did it in a 9×13 baking dish. Made our own guac, used Kirkland brand salsa…didnt measure just added on top, same Good Foods Queso and 1 can of Amy’s traditional refried beans. We also had the Forager vegan sour cream out on the side! This is going into the rotation! Thank you!
So so happy to hear it! 🙂
What are the instructions for the Dollop Of Cream? No real measures were given. I would like to have this as it looks like a great “layer” idea.
I believe that I mixed together coconut cream with garlic powder and onion powder. However, I highly recommend using Kite Hill dairy-free cream cheese. This product didn’t exist when I came up with this recipe and it’s great! http://www.kite-hill.com/where-to-buy/