Oven Baked Basil Tomato Salmon in Foil
This oven baked basil tomato salmon in foil is a quick and healthy salmon dish seasoned with cherry tomatoes, garlic, and fresh basil. It couldn’t be easier to put together and cooks in less than 20 minutes!
My family loves quick and healthy salmon recipes. We especially love oven baked salmon foil packets like this turmeric salmon and this salmon and tomatoes in foil recipe. They come together quickly, cook themselves in the oven, and are healthy and delicious!
All you need is fresh garlic, cherry tomatoes, lemon juice, and basil leaves to make this basil tomato salmon recipe. The flavors melt together and work so well!
Table of Contents
- Why this recipe works:
- Recipe ingredients:
- Step by step instructions:
- Recipe FAQs
- Other fish recipes you will love:
Why this recipe works:
- In less than 30 minutes, you have a healthy home cooked baked salmon meal.
- It fits a wide variety of dietary needs. It is naturally Paleo, Gluten-free, Grain-free, Whole30 compliant and dairy-free.
- You only need 8 ingredients to make it and you probably have them already at home.
- It is delicious! Cooked cherry tomatoes soften and become rich yet sweet.
- This recipe is toddler and husband approved.
- salmon fillets
- cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
- You can add fresh oregano or thyme.
- You can add some fresh onions or onion powder.
- Instead of cherry tomatoes, you can use regular tomatoes.
Step by step instructions:
Step 1: Sprinkle olive oil in the middle of a piece of foil. Top with a salmon fillet. Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt, pepper, and fresh garlic.
Step 2: Add fresh basil on top.
Step 3: Add 5 sliced cherry tomatoes on top of the salmon. Fold the aluminum foil up and cover the salmon with it.
Step 4: Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Optional to broil it for 1-2 minutes at the end. Be careful with the fresh basil burning when you broil it. I like to hide mine behind some tomatoes.
No! You can skip this step. The fish will be cooked already. This just adds a bit of crisp.
A wide variety of herbs and spices go well with salmon. Basil, oregano, thyme, dill, turmeric, chili powder.
It is up to you! Wrapping the salmon in foil locks in moisture and lets the flavors soak in.
Other fish recipes you will love:
This Air Fryer Fish recipe by Evolving Table looks so good! The fish looks perfectly crisp and flakey. So yum!
This Pan Fried Salmon Trout from Cooking LSL is an easy way to cook salmon with the skin still on it. YUM.
These Paleo Asian Salmon Fishcakes are a favorite of mine. Full of flavor and a fun way to eat salmon.
I love this Dairy-free Pan Seared Salmon in Cream Sauce recipe. It’s so creamy all while being dairy-free and tastes really good with added peas!
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Oven Baked Basil Tomato Salmon in Foil
- olive oil
- 1.5-2 lbs salmon fillets (4 fillets salmon fillets )
- 4-5 cloves garlic chopped
- 20 cherry tomatoes (5 per fillet), sliced in half
- 1/2 lemon
- 8 large leaves of fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take out 4 pieces of aluminum foil and lay them out in a row. Sprinkle some olive oil in the center of each piece of aluminum foil, then put one salmon fillet on top of it, skin down.
- Top each salmon fillet with some of the chopped garlic ( divide it evenly). Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top of each fillet as well.
- Then top each salmon fillet with 2 large leaves of basil, 5 sliced cherry tomatoes, and a sprinkle of lemon juice. Fold up each side of the aluminum foil up to cover the top of the salmon until it is completely wrapped up.
- Cook the salmon for 15- 20 mins, until cooked through. ( Cook time will depend on the size/thickness of fish).
- Then, open up the top of each aluminum foil packet and broil the top of the fish for 1-2 minutes.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.