Healthy Lemon Ginger Turmeric Salmon
This healthy lemon ginger turmeric salmon is a delicious, flavorful, and lightly sweetened oven baked salmon in foil recipe. This easy meal takes 5 minutes to prepare and only 20 minutes to cook!
I am always on the lookout for easy, healthy, and quick dinner recipes. My baked turkey oat meatballs and paprika garlic shrimp are on my regular rotation for quick dinner recipes. And now, this salmon recipe has been aded to that list.
The lemon ginger turmeric sauce that this salmon cooks in is DELICIOUS. It has honey and garlic in it, which really balances all of the flavors inside. This anti-inflammatory, immune boosting sauce is the perfect seasoning for this salmon.
Table of Contents
- Why this recipe works
- Recipe ingredients
- Additions/ Substitutions
- Step by step turmeric salmon instructions
- How to serve this baked salmon
- Recipe FAQs
- Other salmon recipes you’ll love:
Why this recipe works
- It is delicious! The combination of lemon juice, ginger, garlic, turmeric and honey result in savory yet sweet deliciousness.
- It is allergy friendly. Dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free.
- It is a heart healthy salmon recipe. It is protein packed ( 30 grams per serving) and full of omega 3s.
- It is healthy. This anti-inflammatory salmon recipe is baked and made with clean ingredients.
- It is toddler and husband approved!
- lemon juice– fresh squeezed lemon juice is best.
- powdered turmeric– make sure to use a good quality turmeric. If you aren’t sure, try the turmeric test to see if your product is clean.
- honey– raw honey is my favorite, but feel free to use any kind.
- crushed ginger– I buy it already minced, but you can grate it yourself.
- wild caught salmon– I always prefer wild caught, but farm raised works here as well.
- garlic– you can mince fresh garlic or buy it already minced.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
- Instead of honey, you can use maple syrup.
- Instead of crushed ginger, you can use ground ginger ( in powder form).
- You can add parsley prior to baking.
- You can also add cherry tomatoes to the foil packet prior to baking.
Step by step turmeric salmon instructions
Step 1: Make the sauce. Add the lemon juice, turmeric, honey, crushed ginger, minced garlic, salt and pepper to a bowl and mix.
Step 2: Lay the salmon on top of aluminum foil and pour the sauce on top of it.
Step 3: Add lemon slices on top.
Step 4: Lift all the edges of the foil towards the salmon until the salmon is completely covered up.
Step 5: Bake! Then garnish with fresh parsley.
How to serve this baked salmon
- Put this salmon on top of rice, quinoa, or couscous. This instant pot white rice from Evolving Table is a quick way to make rice.
- Add it to a salad.
- Eat it with roasted veggies. This boiled broccoli from Food Doodles would be perfect here.
Store leftovers in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to 3 days
I personally buy crushed ginger that is frozen. Then I microwave it before adding it to the sauce. You get the same fresh taste this way.
OR you take a piece of fresh ginger, peel it, and use a grater to mince it.
Not long at all. 15-20 minutes is all you need, depending on thickness. Just make sure the internal temperature of the salmon reached 145 degrees F.
Other salmon recipes you’ll love:
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Healthy Lemon Ginger Turmeric Salmon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place large sheet of aluminum foil on baking sheet.
- In a bowl, add the lemon juice, ground turmeric, honey, minced garlic, minced ginger, salt and pepper. Mix.
- Place salmon on top of foil on the baking sheet.
- Pour the sauce mixture on top of the salmon. Top salmon with lemon slices.
- Lift the edges of the foil upwards and fold over on top of salmon until fully covered. If you need more foil, add some to the top of the salmon.
- Bake for 20 mins, or until the salmon reaches an internal temperature of 145 F.
- Option to garnish the salmon with parsley before serving.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.