White Chocolate Brownies
These white chocolate brownies are perfect for Valentine’s Day (or any day for that matter). They are the black sheep of the brownie world. The texture is that of a gooey brownie. The look is that of a cookie cake. The taste is a wonderful mixture of both yet neither at the same time. White chocolate is the star of this show, yet it is subtle, almost unrecognizable. In so many words, these are amazing!
I found this recipe in a handwritten recipe book that I started in middle school. “Excellent” is written in the margins. I remembered that they were good, but I didn’t know if I could trust my middle school self. Well, as you could already tell, middle school me was absolutely correct— these are excellent!!
The mixture is thick and creamy before baking and turns into a chocolate chip cookie look-alike after baking. Yumm! I love white chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate together. I used Ghirardelli white chocolate chips and Nestle mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. I can’t use anything but the mini chips when it comes to semi-sweet chocolate; the chocolate flavor spreads out more evenly, which I love.
For those of you following the Paleo Diet, these obviously are in no way Paleo, but if you are going to have a cheat day, Valentines could… or should be it. Plus if you follow the 85/15 rule- this could be part of your 15%!
White Chocolate Brownies
- 4 Tbs unsalted butter, (1/2 stick)
- 1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, (I used ghirardelli), divided into two 3/4 cup portions
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips, (I used semi-sweet mini chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease an 8x8 inch pan (I used a glass pan) with butter.
- Put the 4 tbs of butter and 3/4 cup of white chocolate chips in a small bowl. Put that bowl over a pan of boiling water until the chocolate and butter melt into each other. Remove the small bowl from the boiling water.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until light and creamy( creamy may not be the best word- a mixture of foamy and creamy- this should take about 4 minutes).
- Add the melted white chocolate and butter mixture, flour, baking powder and vanilla to the egg mixture and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Fold 3/4 cup of the white chocolate chips and 3/4 cups of the dark chocolate chips into the mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for about 20 minutes and then cut OR eat warm right away 🙂
- Makes about 15- 20 brownies, depending on how small or large you cut them.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.