Paleo Crispy Coconut Chicken Fingers (GF)
Paleo Crispy Coconut Chicken Fingers recipe. Sweet, crunchy, tender, satisfying, baked AND Paleo!
These chicken fingers are awesome! They were inspired by another non-paleo baked coconut chicken finger recipe that I had made in the past. Those were good; these are even better!
The coconut flavor and spices work perfectly together here. These will definitely become regulars at my house…
Ingredients needed to make these Paleo Crispy Coconut Chicken Fingers:
- almond flour
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- cayenne powder
- salt and pepper
All you need are a few simple whole food ingredients to make these!
How to make them:
Mix all of the ingredients except for the egg and chicken together. Aka the almond flour, shredded coconut, paprika, cayenne powder, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
In another dish, mix the egg.
Dunk the pieces of chicken into the egg then the breaded mixture and place on a cookie sheet.
It’s quicker to put together than you’d think.
I love baking the sides that I will eat with these Paleo Crispy Coconut Chicken Fingers at the same time, so my meals comes together quickly.
You can cook cauliflower or potatoes or broccoli, and it all goes together so well.
You put both cookie sheets in the oven and 30 minutes later you have a great meal ready.
You can also slice sweet potatoes and cook them on a cookie sheet as well. These take a bit longer to cook, but if you put them in before you start making the chicken, the timing will work out that they are done at the same time!
We alternate between making cauliflower and sweet potatoes whenever we make these Paleo Crispy Coconut Chicken Fingers.
I have been experimenting with making sauces to use with these chicken fingers but so far the only good one was mixing organic honey with dijon mustard. The others didn’t work out so well haha
It’s officially my new go-to clean-eating sauce, and tastes really good with this chicken fingers.
No red face or rash for my boyfriend now! 🙂
Paleo Crispy Coconut Chicken Fingers
- 1.5 pounds chicken
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 Tbs paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 egg whisked
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet with a little olive oil. I like using a silicone basting brush to evenly brush the olive oil onto the cookie sheet.
- Whisk one egg in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond meal, shredded coconut, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Take one piece of chicken and dunk it in the egg, then dunk it in the coconut mixture and place it on the cookie sheet. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until it looks golden brown and crispy/dry.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.