Paleo Sweet and Spicy Dipping Sauce (GF)
I miss condiments. A lot of the Paleo food that I am eating would be great with condiments! But unfortunately, those condiments would not be great for my Paleo diet. So I decided to make one that was. I knew that not just any condiment would do– it couldn’t be just ok or vaguely resemble a condiment.
It had to be something great, something that could make me forget about the Ketchup or BBQ sauce that I used to know. And this something is Paleo Sweet and Spicy Dipping Sauce.
This sauce is sooo good! On par with what I have had at restaurants.
Its not too spicy, not too sweet–and has the perfect texture– its thick enough to stay on what you are eating post-dunk.
Finally a normal textured, normal tasting Paleo condiment!
I no longer eat my paleo chicken fingers while secretly wishing that I could dunk them in ketchup because I have something better to dunk them into.
It really completes many a meal that requires a dipping sauce. I love it with eggplant, pulled pork or sweet potato fries.
It really is delicious with so many foods! So what are you waiting for??
Paleo Sweet and Spicy Dipping Sauce
- Mix the vinegar, honey, garlic powder, salt, and hot pepper flakes in a bowl until well blended.
- Put the mixture into a pan and heat it over medium high heat until it boils.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and add the 2 tsp of tomato paste, mashing it well into the mixture with a rubber spatula.
- Let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes while mixing with a rubber spatula pretty often.
- Pour into a bowl and let cool for a few minutes and enjoy 🙂
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.