Paleo “Everything Bagel” Almond Crackers (Gluten-free)
Paleo “Everything Bagel” Almond Crackers recipe. Grain-free crackers made out of almond flour and seasoned with “Everything but the bagel” spices.
I had a few different recipes that I had intended on sharing, but I really really wanted to share these Paleo “Everything bagel” Almond Crackers ASAP.
They are my current favorite Paleo snack! And they are quickly going to become yours. Think everything bagel seasoning meets Paleo crispy cracker. I’m obsessed.
These Paleo “Everything bagel” Almond Crackers are lifesavers for when you are craving something crunchy. And since they are made with almond flour, they are chock full of healthy protein.
But I do have to warn you, these are dangerous… as in, you may not stop being able to eat them dangerous. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Ingredients needed to make these Paleo “Everything bagel” Almond crackers:
- sesame seeds
- poppy seeds
- dried minced garlic
- dried minced onion
- sea salt
- olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- almond flour
- baking soda
I had tried to make these with coconut flour and coconut oil, but I really didn’t like the taste with either of these ingredients inside, so I resolved myself to using olive oil and almond flour.
Then, I tried using paprika and garlic as the main seasoning but something was missing…
I remembered my new found love of the “everything bagel” seasoning… the stuff from Trader Joes is a favorite of mine!… and knew that I had found my answer.
I took the seasoning of an everything bagel, and mixed it into the Paleo cracker dough that I had been working on and BOOM. These Paleo “Everything” Almond Crackers came to be.
How to make everything bagel seasoning almond flour crackers:
(1) First make your “everything but the bagel seasoning”. Mix the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried minced garlic, dried minced onion, and sea salt in a small bowl.
(2) Then, add the olive oil, vinegar, and egg to a food processor and mix. Then add the almond flour, baking soda, and some of the “everything but the bagel” seasoning and mix again. The mixture should form into a thick dough.
(3) Roll the dough into a ball.
(4) Put the dough in between two pieces of wax paper and flatten with a rolling pin.
(5) Sprinkle more “everything but the bagel” seasoning.
(6) Then, cut the dough into a rectangle, and cut the dough into 1 inch squares with a knife.
(7) Put the pieces onto a cookie sheet and bake!
These crackers really make for a great snack… they also would be good in soup, as an “appetizer”, in a cheese plate, as croutons in a salad… I mean, the possibilites are endless!
I love eating them with this carrot hummus.
We need more grain-free, non-processed, healthy crackers in our lives, if you ask me.
Let me know if you try them and how you ate them!
Other healthy Paleo snacks you may enjoy!
These Paleo Cheese Crackers from Tessa the Domestic Diva sound and look just amazing! Crispy crackers for the win!
This Mediterranean Hummus (Paleo, GF) has lots of yummy eggplant, red peppers, tahini, and lemon juice inside. Great with Paleo crackers!
I also love Paleo crackers with this Spirulina Guacamole (Paleo, Whole30). It’s a yummy guacamole full of protein packed spirulina. NOM
Video showing how to make these Paleo Everything Almond Crackers:
Paleo “Everything Bagel” Almond Crackers (GF)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried minced garlic, dried minced onion, and sea salt in a small bowl to make the “everything” seasoning.
- Put the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and the egg into a food processor and beat until well mixed. Then add the almond flour, baking soda, and 2 tsp of the “everything” seasoning and beat again. The mixture should form into a thick dough at this point.
- Roll the dough into a ball and put it onto a piece of wax paper. Top the dough with another piece of wax paper and press down. With a rolling pin, roll the dough, to about 1/4 of an inch thick. Top with the remaining “everything” seasoning, then top the dough with wax paper and pat down lightly to get the seasoning into the top of the dough (don’t push too hard). Cut the dough into a rectangle, to give a straight edge to all the sides. Then cut the dough into 1 inch squares with a knife. Use a spatula to scoop up the squares and put them onto the cookie sheet. Remove the scraps of the dough, roll it into a ball and repeat until you have used up all the dough.
- Cook for 15-20 until hardened and lightly golden. I cooked mine for 18 minutes. Let the crackers cool on the cookie sheet.
- Yields 50-55 crackers
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.