Paleo Almond Joy Cookies (Gluten-Free)
Paleo Almond Joy Cookies recipe made with shredded coconut, almond flour, almonds, and chocolate. They are a grain-free, Paleo treat!
Um, yes, hi! You need to make these delicious Paleo Almond Joy Cookies ASAP… if you know what’s good for you. 🙂
These cookies are gooey, coconutty, chocolatey, almond-full tasty treats that are dairy-free, grain-free, gluten-free, and Paleo.
Basically, shredded coconut + almond flour and full almonds + chocolate = these Paleo Almond Joy Cookies.
They are little coconut cookie delights that are a little bit tooooo good.
As in, there will be none left by the end of the day good.
I’m not going to lie, the idea to make these Paleo Almond Joy cookies came to me AFTER seeing a similar cookie on my Pinterest.
I was intrigued when I saw this delicious looking coconut, almond, chocolate cookie on my Pinterest feed.
But when I looked at the recipe, it had sweetened shredded coconut and condensed milk. Which didn’t work for me.
So, obviously, I had to make my own Paleo version.
I mixed together unsweetened shredded coconut, almond flour, coconut flour and baking soda together.
And then I separately mixed together maple syrup, vanilla, coconut oil, and eggs.
Then, I mixed the two mixtures together, folded in some chocolate chips, and topped the cookies with whole almonds. Easy Peasy.
These bad boys are good warm out of the oven, or cold. It doesn’t matter because they are soft and gooey any time.
With the amount that I have incorporated coconut into my life (coconut milk, coconut oil, coconut flour, coconut cream), I am surprised that I had not thought to make a coconut chocolate chip cookie sooner!
I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
And if almond joys are your thing, check out these amazing looking Paleo Almond Joy bars from Tessa the Domestic Diva.
Paleo Almond Joy Cookies (GF)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 Tbs coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup enjoy life chocolate chips (Enjoy lifeis dairy-free and nut-free)
- 15 full almonds
- In a medium bowl, mix 1/2 cup maple syrup, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1 egg together with a fork, whisk, or handheld electric mixer until mixed. Then add 1/4 cup melted coconut oil and mix again until the mixture thickens.
- In a second bowl, mix 1 cup almond flour, 1 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, 2 Tbs coconut flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, and 1/4 tsp salt together with a fork.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix with a fork. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Put the batter into the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and cover a cookie sheet in wax paper or a silicon cookie sheet liner.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon – golf ball sized scoops of the dough and roll it around in your hands to make a ball. Place the cookie dough on the cookie sheet and press down a little to flatten them. Top each cookie with one full almond.
- Bake the cookies for 12- 14 minutes. (I cooked mine for 13.5 minutes), then let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.
2 Comments on “Paleo Almond Joy Cookies (Gluten-Free)”
Yessss! These are the best cookies ever!!
thank you! 🙂 🙂 Next time we get together, I’ll make them again!