Grain-free Raspberry Fudge Brownies (paleo, GF)
I’m kind of a chocolate addict. Ok, I’m totally a chocolate addict. To be honest, if I had to give up delicious savory or salty foods for the rest of my life, in order to keep eating chocolate, I would. I’m one of those. One of those who would choose these Grain-free Raspberry Fudge Brownies over fries any day. These rich, gooey, sweet, and chocolatey Grain-free Raspberry Fudge Brownies.
I’ve had this discussion with friends many times…Are you a sweet or savory type of person? If you had to choose one for the rest of you life, what would you choose?
I never hesitate. As much as I love fries, chips, and cheddar bunnies (oh how I love cheddar bunnies!), I’d give them up in a heartbeat for sweets. Especially chocolate.
Speaking of chocolate, I used a prior paleo brownie recipe of mine to create these Grain-free Raspberry Fudge Brownies. In fact, I only added a package of raspberries to the recipe. However, this really transformed them!
I started off by making the brownie batter and smoothing it out into the pan. (Notice the green flecks in there? That’s avocado! 🙂 )
Then, I put the raspberries into a food processor and poured the raspberry sauce onto the brownie batter, in three lines.
I used a fork to mix the raspberries into the batter. But I didn’t just mix it into the top layer. I REALLY mixed it into the batter, digging into the raspberry sauce while almost reaching the bottom of the pan.
Once the brownies are done (they smell delicious- by the way), you can dig in while they are warm and gooey. Which I definitely recommend. Maybe add a little coconut ice-cream?
However, these brownies actually taste even better cold! Once the pan is fully cooled, put them into the fridge to create the fudgiest raspberry brownies. Yummmm…
When cold, these brownies are great for breakfast, or as a cool snack on a warm afternoon. I highly recommend you try it.
I wasn’t always a fan of raspberries and chocolate, but I am now. And if you are on the fence, these Grain-free Raspberry Fudge Brownies will help change your mind too. 🙂
Grain-free Raspberry Fudge Brownies
- 4 Tbs melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup + ½ cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips, , divided (Enjoy Life chocolate is dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free and gluten-free)
- 4 heaping Tbs of mashed avocado, , this was ½ of an avocado for me
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour, ( I use Nutiva Organic)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 ounces raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8x8 pan with coconut oil. I used a glass pan.
- Put 4 Tbs of melted coconut oil into a bowl and add ¼ cup of chocolate chips into it.
- Microwave the coconut oil and chocolate bowl for 30-60 seconds. Whisk the chocolate and coconut oil together.
- In a large bowl, put the mashed avocado and the melted chocolate/coconut oil mixture inside and whisk both together. Add the eggs, maple syrup, honey, and vanilla to the bowl and whisk until the mixture thickens and everything is well mixed.
- In another bowl, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, cinnamon, and cocoa powder together.
- Pour the dry ingredients from the second bowl, into the chocolate bowl and mix with a fork or whisk until everything is just mixed.
- Fold in ½ cup of chocolate chips. Pour the brownie batter into the pan and smooth it out with the back of a rubber spatula.
- Put the raspberries into a food processor and mix. Pour the raspberries on top of the brownie batter in three lines. Then, using a fork, rake the crushed raspberries into the brownie batter. Rake deep into the brownie batter.
- Cook for 35 minutes (the mixture will still look wet/moist).
- Let cool before cutting.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.