Sour Cherry-Lime Juice
This is my summer-time, guilty pleasure juice. It tastes like a sour patch kid, or what I imagine a healthy sour patch kid should taste like. If you love sour candy, pineapples, cherries, and limes then this will really be an enjoyable vitamin-full treat for you.
I make this drink more often in the summer during cherry season. Since cherries were on sale at my local grocery store, I bought 2 bags and have been enjoying this Sour Cherry-Lime Juice quite often.
This juice wraps up my “favorite juices” series. If you have been following my blog, you will have seen that I have been periodically posting my five favorite juice recipes.
I am a huge proponent of juicing, as it has been an important part of my life for the last few years. Ever since I read The Juiceman’s Power of Juicing, actually.
Since it has been so long, I experiment less and stick to my favorites. I normally alternate between those five favorites regularly.
I figured that if those five juice recipes could keep me happy for years, then they must be too good to not share them!
This juice is different than my previous four favorites in that there are no veggies here! Nothing but sweet citrusy goodness.
And even though I love the other four juices, as I previously said, this Sour Cherry-Lime juice is my guilty pleasure.
It always makes me feel better and it seriously helps with my sweet tooth cravings. If you have a bag full of cherries in your fridge, I highly recommend you try this!
I’m kind of sad that all five of my favorite juices are all posted now. That doesn’t mean I won’t post more juice recipes though.
I always enjoy experimenting with food creations and know that there are so many more to discover. I just wanted to share the five juices that have been consistently the best for me. Enjoy!
Here is a quick recap of my five favorite juices:
- Fennel Immune Booster
- Strawberry Beet Detox Juice
- Tropical Kale Carrot Juice
- Refreshing Tomato Carrot Juice
- Sour Cherry-Lime Juice
* Note: I’ve been asked what type of juicer I use. I’ve actually used the same Waring Pro Juicer for years! I love it because not only is it affordable, it is more importantly easy to clean and durable, which results in juicing more often and for a longer amount of time.
This recipe was shared on the AIP roundtable.
Sour Cherry-Lime Juice
- 16 pitted cherries
- 1 1/2 lime, (with the skin/peel still on)
- 4 one inch thick pineapple rounds, ( this was 1/2 of a pineapple for me)
- Pitt the cherries and cut up the lime and pineapple into sizes that fit into your juicer.
- Juice all of the fruit with a juicer.
- Yields 16 ounces of juice. This serves 2 people.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.