Paleo Strawberry Almond Granola (GF)
Sometimes, I miss cereal and granola in my life. There are lots of great gluten-free options, but I have yet to find Paleo options in the store. Which means… I have to make it at home. Starting with this spring-tastic Paleo Strawberry Almond Granola recipe.
Full of almonds, flax seeds, chia seeds, raisins, fresh strawberries, and maple syrup, this lightly sweetened non-processed version of granola is an amazing breakfast and snack option.
It can be made to fit your tastes with more or less strawberries, other berries, maple syrup and various dried fruit.
The choice is yours. 🙂
The hardest thing about this granola may be deciding what goes inside! Because making this Paleo Strawberry Almond Granola recipe is really quite simple.
The trick (thanks to the Superfood and Fitness blog) is to scoop out 1/4 cup sized balls of the batter and to place them onto a cookie sheet.
Then, using the back of a spoon, press down onto the batter to spread it across the pan.
After that, tilt the spoon sideways to separate chunks of the batter apart.
Next, place the pan into a preheated oven.
Take the granola out of the oven every 5 minutes to mix it around and to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
(I ended up cooking mine for a total of 23 minutes)
Once the granola has cooled a bit … your Paleo Strawberry Almond Granola is ready to be eaten!
And there are so many great ways to eat it. 🙂
Starting with plain…
Or on top of yogurt… or with milk (almond, coconut, dairy…etc).
My favorite way to eat it is out of a large bowl, while watching a tv-show… I think of it as a popcorn replacement.
Paleo Strawberry Almond Granola (GF)
- 1 Tbs coconut flour, (Nutiva is my favorite)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbs ground golden flax seeds
- 2 Tbs ground chia seeds
- 1/4 cup crushed almonds
- 1/2 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 3 tsp melted coconut oil, , divided (2 tsp for the recipe, 1 tsp to grease the pan)
- 3 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper. Put 1 tsp of melted coconut oil onto the wax paper. I used a silicone basting brush to evenly spread the coconut oil on the wax paper.
- In a large bowl, mix 1Tbs coconut flour, 3/4 cup of almond flour, 2 Tbs ground flax seeds, 2 Tbs ground chia seeds, 1/4 cup of crushed almonds, 1/2 cup of diced fresh strawberries, 1/2 cup of raisins, 1 tsp cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp nutmeg together with a fork.
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 egg, 2 tsp of melted coconut oil, 3 Tbs of maple syrup and 1 tsp of vanilla together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix until everything is wet.
- Using a 1/4 cup sized measuring cup, scoop up the mixture and place 1/4 cup sized balls of the mixture onto a pan close to one another.
- Press down onto the balls of batter with the back of a metal spoon. Spread the batter across the pan with the back of a spoon, then tilt the spoon sideways to separate chunks of the batter apart.
- Put the pan into the oven.
- Take the pan out every 5 minutes, and using a spatula, move the granola around, making sure that there is none that sticks to the bottom of the pan. This also ensures that the granola cooks evenly.
- Repeat this step 4 times. (It will have cooked for a total of 20 minutes at this point).
- Check to make sure the granola is as hard as you want it. I proceeded to cook the granola for 3 more minutes.
- Let the granola cool.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.