Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Cupcakes
You are going to both love me and hate me for posting these Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Cupcakes.
You’re welcome and I’m sorry.
They are basically soft, rich, and chewy mini cookie cakes in Paleo, grain-free, clean form. However, they do NOT taste like they are Paleo, grain-free, or clean… Sorry, not sorry about that one.
Top them with my Paleo Chocolate Ganache for the perfect combination of satisfying cookie comfort and decadence.
Seriously, these Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Cupcakes are AMAZING.
I made them over Easter and everyone raved about them. In fact, I had a few fellow Paleo eaters flat out in disbelief that these could be Paleo.
Why? Because, the cookie cake portion tastes like real soft buttery cookie cake and has the texture of real soft buttery cookie cake.
I used a mixture of avocado and coconut oil as the fat sources in these cookies. I have found that using avocados to replace the butter in Paleo baking can work like a charm.
And they certainly do here.
You can make these Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Cupcakes all by themselves, but if you want to kick it up a notch, I highly highly recommend topping them in my Paleo Chocolate Ganache.
Because cookie cake wouldn’t be cookie cake without frosting on top, am I right?
And because this Paleo Chocolate Ganache is BOMB.
This Paleo Chocolate Ganache is a total experiment, and I’m actually dying to use it for so many other desserts, but first, I’ll share it with you guys so you can top your cookie cake cupcakes with them. ( It’s also in the recipe below)
Because it was a last minute experiment, the whole process of how I make it might be weird, but it worked!
I ground up coconut sugar to make it finer in texture. Then, I added melted chocolate and coconut oil to the coconut sugar and mixed it all in a food processor.
I added vanilla and almond milk to the mixture. AND THEN, I microwaved it and added boiling water — to melt the sugar and make the ganache smooth. After that, I put it into the fridge.
Make sure to taste the ganache to make sure it is smooth enough. You want the coconut sugar granules to melt completely.
Super random, but it worked and tastes perfect.
Honestly, this Paleo Chocolate Ganache on top of these Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Cupcakes is almost too good to be true.
Moist, chewy, melt-in-your-mouth Paleo cookie cake. Covered in smooth fudgy chocolate ganache.
Can I say DROOL, one more time?
This recipe is definitely one to make to impress your guests– both Paleo and nonPaleo. You don’t even need to let anyone know this dessert is Paleo.
It’s a crowd pleaser, and it disappears quickly.
Note: make sure to use a larger sized cupcake cake pan, a jumbo muffin pan, so that the cookie cake cupcakes aren’t too thick, and cook correctly. 🙂
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Cupcakes
Cookie Cake ingredients:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 Tbs melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbs mashed avocado heaping, (this was 1/2 of an avocado for me)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
Chocolate Ganache ingredients:
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips (dairy-free, nut free chocolate)
- 1 tsp coconut oil , melted
- 1 Tbs coconut oil , firm
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 tsp almond milk
Paleo cookie cake cupcake instructions:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease the cups of a jumbo muffin tin. The individual muffin cups in my pan were 1.5 inches deep, 3 inches wide on top, and 2.5 inch wide on bottom. Cooking time will vary based on the size of your muffin tin size.
- Mix the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the melted coconut oil, mashed avocado, maple syrup, and honey with a hand-held electric mixer. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla to the bowl and mix. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix until just mixed. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Put 2 Tbs of the batter into each muffin tin, and push down on it using the back of a spoon.
- Cook the muffins for about 11-13 minutes, until slightly golden and firm along the sides. Remove them from the oven, and leave them in the pan for about 3 minutes
- Then remove the cookie cake cupcakes from the pan and cool on a wire rack. Once cooled, you can top with the Paleo Chocolate Ganache.
Paleo Chocolate Ganache Instructions:
- Put ½ cup of coconut sugar into a food processor and mix for 1 minute, until fine in texture.
- Melt ½ cup of mini chocolate chips with 1 tsp melted coconut oil inside, in microwave. Heat for 15 seconds at a time, mix, then heat again until melted.
- Add the melted chocolate, and 1 Tbs of firm coconut oil to the food processor and mix.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla to the food processor and mix. Add 6 tsp almond milk,mix. Then, scoop the mixture out of the food processor and put the ganache into a microwave safe bowl. Put it into the microwave for 10 seconds to melt the sugar granules, mix. Then add 1 Tbs boiling water to the mixture and mix. Taste the ganache to make sure the sugar granules are melted, if it isn’t then add a bit more hot water. Let everything sit for 5 minutes, then put into the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Store your extra ganache in an airtight container in the fridge.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.
18 Comments on “Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake Cupcakes”
Hi!! I’ m planning to make this delicious recipe for my dad’s birthday, and was wondering how many cupcakes did you get out of this recipe ?
I had about 22 cupcakes for this recipe. Sorry it wasn’t posted! I think it depends on the size of your muffin tin. I hope he loves them, let me know how they turn out!
OMG these look AMAZING! One of my good friends is Paleo and I can’t wait to share this recipe with her!
Thank you! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Ummmmm….these look AMAZING! I’m pretty sure even though they are on the Paleo diet, they aren’t on mine though. 🙁
haha Ya, can’t be eating them every day. But they are a wonderful treat when you need one!
This looks and sounds amazing!
I have been denying myself those guilty pleasures for a while now, but this one isn’t guilty at all!
Thanks for sharing!
Nope, way less guilty because it’s non-processed! Let me know if you make it!
Yum, yum, yum! I can’t believe these are Paleo!
I know, right?! I had several friends test them out and they didn’t either!
I love how the chocolate drips over the brownie. So delectable!
Thank you! The more frosting, the better. 🙂
Whoa! These are definitely drool-worthy. Oh my, I just have to go back and take another look… they’re awesome, Dominique. I am going to love pinning these. 🙂
Thanks so much Barbara ???????????? They definitely disappear quickly
I have to be honest, I’ve never looked up Paleo recipes, but this is something I might just have to try. I love making things healthier for my boys and I KNOW they’d love these. Thanks for sharing!
Please let me know if you try it! 🙂 🙂
I can’t believe these look so good and are so healthy! That melted chocolate is making me droooool….Thanks for making such a tasty celiac-safe treat!
Omg the ganache is ridiculous. Gluten-free healthy treats are just as delicious!