Salted Caramel Paleo Bark (GF)
Looking for an easy, delicious, and healthier dessert to make? Saaay around February 14th? What about one that doesn’t require baking and that can easily be turned into pretty presents?
Well, look no further because this Salted Caramel Paleo Bark is calling your name!
And when I said it’s easy to make. I meant it.
All you have to do is melt some Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips ( a dairy-free, soy-free, and nut-free chocolate) in a bowl with some melted coconut oil.
Then pour the melted chocolate into an 8×8 inch pan, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Next, pour some Paleo Caramel Sauce onto the hardened chocolate, and refrigerate that for 30 minutes.
Note: You’ll have to have Paleo Caramel Sauce ready in advance, so this may add a bit of prep-work, but it’s totally worth it!
After that, melt more Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips, and pour the melted chocolate on top of the caramel layer.
Sprinkle the top of the bark with sea salt and then put the whole thing into the fridge for however long you need (30 minutes to overnight).
Lastly, remove the wax paper from the bark. And voilllla! A healthier chocolate bark is ready and waiting to be cut apart and eaten.
Make sure both chocolate layers break here.
What’s great about this Salted Caramel Paleo Bark is how easy it is to bring over to a friends house, or to wrap up pretty and give away as a gift, or even to make for a loved one as a surprise dessert!
Salted Caramel Paleo Bark (GF, dairy-free)
- 1 1/2 cup + 1 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips, , divided (note: you'll need more than one bag)
- 2 tsp + 1 tsp coconut oil, , melted and divided
- 1/2-2/3 cup Paleo Caramel Sauce, (it depends on how much caramel you want, I originally put in 1/4 cup and then I added 1/3 cup on top of that)
- a sprinkle of sea salt
- Cover an 8 x 8 inch pan with wax paper.
- Put 1 1/2 cup of Enjoy Life chocolate chips into a plastic microwave-proof bowl. Add 2 tsp of melted coconut oil on top of the chocolate chips and mix until all of the chocolate has a "wet" look.
- Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, remove and mix with a spatula. Heat again for 30 seconds, remove and mix with a spatula. Repeat until all the chocolate is melted and smooth. Usually 1 minute is enough for me.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the wax paper covered pan and even the chocolate out. I tilted the pan from side to side, until the chocolate was evenly distributed. Then put the pan into the refrigerator for 30 minutes, or until the chocolate is hard.
- Remove the pan from the fridge, pour the Paleo Caramel Sauce on top of the hardened chocolate layer, even it out with the back of a spoon and by tilting the pan from side to side. Then, put the pan back into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- While the pan is in the fridge, put 1 cup of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips into a plastic microwave-proof bowl. Add 1 tsp of melted coconut oil on top of the chocolate chips and and mix until all of the chocolate has a "wet" look.
- Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, remove and mix with a spatula. Heat again for 30 seconds, remove and mix with a spatula. Repeat until all the chocolate is melted and smooth. If the chocolate is too hot, let it cool a bit before putting it on top of the caramel.
- Remove the pan from the fridge, and pour the final melted chocolate layer on top of the caramel layer. Even it out by tilting the pan from side to side.
- Sprinkle salted caramel to taste on top of the final melted chocolate layer and the put the whole thing into the refrigerator for an hour or more (you can leave it in there for longer if you want too, up to overnight).
- Remove the bark from the fridge, peel the wax paper off of the bark, and then, using a knife, put pressure on a corner of the bark and break it into pieces. Make sure that the bark has broken through both layers of the chocolate.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.