Paleo Thai Red Coconut Curry (GF)
My go-to creamy, savory, sweet yet spicy, coconutty red curry recipe that is naturally Paleo, dairy-free, and Gluten-free.
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion, (this was ½ of an onion for me)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced into thin 2-inch long strips
- 3 Tbs red curry paste , ("Thai Kitchen" brand is Paleo)
- 1 Tbs freshly grated ginger
- 1 14 ounce can of coconut cream, (without preservatives, Savoy brand is great)
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 Tbs honey
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbs coconut aminos
- 1 8 ounce can of bamboo shoots
- 1 ½ cups snap peas
Put 1 tbs olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and chopped onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Lower heat to medium.
Add the carrots and red pepper to the pan and cook for 5-6 mins.
Then, add the curry paste and freshly grated ginger to the pan, and mix. Add the coconut cream and mix.
Next, add the lime juice, maple syrup, honey, water, salt, dried basil, ground ginger, and coconut aminos. Mix. Add the bamboo shoots, and then cook for 10 minutes, letting the mixture bubble.
Add 1 1/2 cups of snap peas and cook for another 5-10 minutes.