This Grilled Chicken Greek Salad is an epic salad filled with tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplant, red peppers, olives, feta cheese and grilled chicken. It is healthy, delicious and filling. It makes for a wonderful lunch, dinner or meal prep recipe.
When I am in the mood for an amazing salad, I make this greek salad with grilled chicken recipe. It is truly the ultimate greek salad because it is filled with so much goodness. There is roasted eggplant, fresh cucumbers and tomatoes, crumbled feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and lemon oregano chicken. Oh and it is topped in the best lemon mint turmeric dressing. YUM!
This salad is filled with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It is also incredibly filling and satisfying. If you love epic salads like this, try my quinoa beet tuna salad, kale cobb salad or my Fall harvest salad.
Table of Contents
Why this recipe works
- It is full of veggies and protein, along with vitamins and antioxidants.
- It is not a boring salad. It is an impressive, flavorful salad, which makes for the most wonderful lunch or dinner option.
- This salad makes for easy meal prep. Just divide all of the ingredients evenly into 4 Tupperware.
- It is easy to customize this salad to your taste or dietary needs.
- eggplant– a fresh ripe eggplant is best to roast for this salad.
- dried basil– this helps flavor the eggplant
- dried oregano– this helps flavor all aspects of this salad from the eggplant, to the chicken to the dressing.
- olive oil– use a good quality olive oil.
- chicken– chicken breast or chicken tenders both work here as long as you cut them up first.
- lemon juice– fresh lemon juice or pre-made both work.
- mixed salad– any combination will work.
- cucumber– I like using organic english cucumbers.
- cherry tomatoes– I like using cherry tomatoes because they are easy to bite into and don’t require cutting but feel free to use regular tomatoes.
- Kalamata olives– I like using Kalamata olives because they are Greek.
- sun-dried tomatoes– these add great taste to the salad.
- feta cheese– Crumbled or block feta both work here.
- dressing– I like using my lemon mint turmeric dressing here but you can also make a regular vinaigrette for this salad.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Step by step salad instructions
To use your time wisely, it is best to make this salad in a certain order, so that certain parts can be made while others cook.
Step 1: Score and salt the eggplant slices and then let them sit for 20 minutes so that excess moisture releases.
Step 2: While the eggplant sits, make the grilled chicken.
Add the chicken to a pan with lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and oregano and cook until golden.
Step 3: Pat the eggplant down with paper towels, then cover in olive oil, oregano, pepper and basil and bake.
Step 4: While the eggplant is baking, make the dressing.
Put all of the lemon mint turmeric ingredients into a food processor and mix.
Step 5: Remove the eggplant from the oven and set aside to cool.
Step 6: Put the mixed greens onto the plates, then add the cucumbers to the plates.
Step 7: Add the red peppers to the salad.
Step 8: Add the cherry tomatoes and the eggplant to the salad.
Step 9: Add the olives and sun-dried tomatoes to the plate.
Step 10: Add the grilled chicken to the salad.
Step 10: Add the crumbled feta and dressing to the salad.
Yes you can. Add all of the ingredients together in air tight containers except for the salad, then add the salad right before eating.
In airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Other salads you’ll love
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
The Best Grilled Chicken Greek Salad
Grilled eggplant ingredients:
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- a generous sprinkle of salt
- a sprinkle of ground black pepper
- a splash of olive oil
Grilled chicken ingredients:
- 1 pound chicken, , cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- a splash of olive oil
- 5 ounces mixed salad
- 1 english cucumber, , sliced
- 1 large red pepper, , diced
- 1/2 small red onion, , sliced
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 24 black olives
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
Lemon, Mint, Turmeric Dressing ingredients
To make the eggplant:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut your eggplant into 1/2 inch wide slices. Place the sliced eggplant onto a cookie sheet and generously sprinkle salt onto the slices. Using the tip of a knife, score "Xs" onto the surface of the eggplant. Let the eggplant sit for 20 minutes.
- Pat the surface of the eggplant slices down with a paper towel to remove excess liquid.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and then sprinkle olive oil onto the parchment paper. Place the eggplant slices onto the cookie sheet, and flip the slices around so that both sides are coated in olive oil. Top the eggplant slices with 1/2 tsp of dried basil, 1/2 tsp of dried oregano, and a sprinkle of ground black pepper. Cook for 30-35 minutes, until golden.
To make the chicken:
- While the salted eggplant sits, make the chicken. Put a splash of olive oil onto a large frying pan and heat over medium heat.
- Put the chicken pieces into the pan, cover in 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the chicken is golden and fully cooked through.
To make the dressing:
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a food processor and mix.
- You can also make a vinaigrette and use that instead.
To put the whole salad together:
- You can either mix everything together in one large bowl OR make 4 individual servings/plates (which is my preference).
- To make individual plates, take out 4 plates or containers and put one handful of mixed salad on each plate. Top each plate with 1/4th of the sliced cucumbers, 1/4th of the diced red pepper, and 1/4th of the red onion. Then add 5 cherry tomatoes per plate, 6 olives per plate, and the sliced sun-dried tomatoes as well. Put 1/4th of the grilled eggplant on each plate and then 1/4th of the grilled chicken on each plate. Sprinkle each plate with the crumbled feta.
- Top each plate with about 1.5-2 Tablespoons of dressing.
- You can use a different type of dressing here if you would like. You can make a simple balsamic vinaigrette or greek salad dressing.
- To make a good balsamic vinaigrette, mix together 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 1/4 tsp dijon, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, salt and pepper.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.