The Chocolatiest Paleo Brownies (GF)
I’m sorry for the radio silence lately. I’m still without a home here in Ireland, so I haven’t been able to create any new recipes. Man do I miss having a kitchen! And everything that comes with it… like home cooked meals, meditation baking (I tend to get into a peaceful trance when I bake), and the smell of food filling the home. Sigh…
Luckily I move into a new place at the end of the month! And luckily I have this recipe for The Chocolatiest Paleo Brownies recipe to share. 🙂 It’s a recipe that I actually came up with while I was over here… well actually a recipe that I came up with during an impromptu visit to France… I’ll have to explain…
Let me start off by saying, moving can be tough! And this move has been a huge lesson for me on adapting to what life throws at you. Which quite honestly was much easier in my early twenties than in my early thirties! Haha
The start date to my new job was pushed back two weeks (and yes at this point, I had already moved to Ireland). So, I left my luggage at the B&B that I had been staying at and flew to France to stay with my sister.
I really don’t know what I would have done without the owners of the B&B that I was staying at (Avenue Guest House). They were so kind and helpful. I mean, there is no way that I could have dragged 4 huge pieces of luggage from Ireland to France and back.
Which is one of my first observations about being here: people are SO NICE.
I could have stayed in Ireland until my job started, but going to France turned out to be a win-win-win. I really wanted to visit my sister, her husband, and my nephew, AND it was way cheaper to fly and stay with her, than to pay for accommodation for another 2 weeks. AND it resulted in the creation of this recipe 🙂
Why not just find an apartment right away, you ask? Well, that is because everyone and their mother was fighting for places to rent, and it was just a crazy apartment hunting madhouse…
I’m so glad I don’t have to keep looking!
Anyways, while I was visiting my sister, we baked brownies like 3 times. We both really love dessert… which means that us being together can be dangerous!
Although I do have to say that half of the brownies were eaten by her husband. Haha
He kept joking that we would all gain 5 pounds during my visit… he may or may not have been right.
I actually never meant to create this recipe, buuuuttt while my sister was putting her baby down for a nap, I decided it was time to make brownies. I couldn’t find any cocoa powder in my sister’s kitchen but I didn’t want to interrupt her. And all I had was chocolate.
Sooo I looked up recipes for brownies made out of only melted chocolate and found this one. The recipe turned out so fantastically (I mean best non-box brownies ever! ), that I immediately decided to make a Paleo, GF, unprocessed version, and a few days later the result was this Chocolatiest Paleo Brownies recipe. 🙂
A fudgy, cakey, delectably rich recipe that is just too good to be Paleo.
We ate them with some speculoos & caramel ice-cream (which is so not paleo, but which is sooo unbelievably good). Seriously, if you manage to get your hands on some (Haagen Dazs brand), I highly suggest trying it.
With or without ice-cream though, this recipe is delicious. Its different from my other brownie recipes on here, but lets face it, you can never have too many brownie recipes, especially healthier ones.
I hope everyone has a great Halloween!
The Chocolatiest Paleo Brownies (GF, grain-free)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbs honey
- 4 Tbs coconut oil , melted
- 1 1/2 cups Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips ( or 7-8 ounces of dark cooking chocolate)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a tin brownie pan with melted coconut oil. (I used a 9.5 inch round pan, because that was all I could find. This resulted in thinner brownies which cooked very quickly. If you use an 8x8 inch pan, make sure to cook them for longer).
- Combine the maple syrup, honey and melted coconut oil in a bowl and mix with a fork. Microwave the mixture for 30 seconds and then mix with a whisk until the mixture thickens a bit. Add chocolate chips to the bowl and put it into the microwave for 30 seconds. Mix and reheat for another 30 seconds if needed. Make sure to mix everything together until a thick chocolate mixture forms. Add the eggs and vanilla to the bowl and whisk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture.
- Spread evenly into the greased pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes if using a 9.5 inch round pan. (The brownies in the photos were cooked for 18 minutes, and I would be tempted to cook them a bit less, but that may be just me). Bake for longer if using an an 8 x 8. Do not overbake! Especially if you want them extra fudgy.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.
5 Comments on “The Chocolatiest Paleo Brownies (GF)”
I love when brownies are super moist and chocolately! These look like perfection!
Me too, it’s hard to beat a good brownie 🙂
Pingback: The Chocolatiest Paleo Brownies (GF, grain-free) - Yum Goggle
These really were the best!!
You forgot to mention the 3 year old that ate 3 brownies in 10 minutes and we had to hide the rest from him or else they would have disappeared!
I did!! I kind of think we should make brownies again during Christmas 🙂