Paleo Apple Chocolate Chip Blondies (Gluten-Free)
Paleo Apple Chocolate Chip Blondies, a combination of paleo chocolate chip cookies and baked cinnamon apples. A grain-free, clean treat.
I just moved to the northeast about 6 weeks ago and have been loving the Fall spirit up here. Outside of pumpkin patches and festive decor, it helps that the leaves have started turning hues of gold and rust, and there is a crispness to the morning air.
I’ve honestly found that this change of seasons and weather has directly affected my tastes. I’ve been wanting soup more than ever before, and I have been all about the apple desserts lately. So much so, that I came up with these Paleo Apple Chocolate Chip Blondies, aka chocolate chip cookie cake-like batter, topped with tart Granny Smith apples.
These Paleo Apple Chocolate Chip Blondies are cakey and gooey at the same time, and also sweet and tart.
It’s quite the delicious Fall juxtaposition.
I started off with making a cookie dough batter and putting it into an 8×8 inch greased glass pan.
Note: If you want these to be easier to cut, it could be helpful to grease the pan and put parchment paper into the pan to make the whole thing easier to remove from the pan.
Then I diced a medium granny smith apple and topped the dough with the apple pieces.
I pushed the diced apples into the dough. Which was oddly satisfying.
Then I baked the whole thing for 45 minutes.
These are wonderful warm, and wonderful cold.
They also taste great with some hot tea or apple cider, while wrapped in a comfortable blanket. 🙂
I personally love the gooey cookie aspect to this dessert, but if you want it to be more cakey, add another 2 Tbs of coconut flour.
Paleo Apple Chocolate Chip Blondies (GF)
- 6 Tbs coconut oil, , melted
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cups almond flour
- 2 Tbs coconut flour, (I love Nutiva)
- 1 Tbs tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup enjoy life chocolate chips, (I use Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips: dairy-free, nut-free chocolate)
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, , diced (this was 1.5 cups diced apple for me)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a glass pan. (Optional: also line pan with parchment paper)
- In a large bowl, mix the melted coconut oil and honey together until thick. Add the maple syrup to the bowl and mix. Then, add the vanilla and the egg to the bowl and mix again.
- In another bowl, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, and salt with a fork.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and mix until creamy. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pat the cookie dough down into the pan, making sure the dough is even.
- Top the dough with the diced apples, and press the apple pieces down into the dough.
- Bake for 40-45minutes.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.