Nutty Chocolate Almond Butter Freezer Fudge (Paleo, GF)
I didn’t know that I could love coconut oil any more than I already do, until I made this Nutty Chocolate Almond Butter Freezer Fudge.
It’s rich and it’s chocolatey, and it tastes like chocolate almond butter deliciousness that melts in your mouth (literally).
You know, I’ve seen freezer fudge and coconut oil based fudge on Pinterest but didn’t think much of it until a sponsored ad popped up on my Facebook.
Now normally I ignore all ads, and to be honest, I think they can be rather annoying. But this one caught my eye! It was a recipe for freezer fudge, from a company whose almond butter I just bought (clearly my recent purchase had been noticed by the internet haha).
When I realized how easy the recipe was, I needed to try it ASAP.
Why can’t all internet adds be recipes, by the way?!
I tweaked the recipe a bit to fit my tastes. I’m allergic to peanuts so I replaced the peanut butter with almond butter. I also really like chocolate, so adding cocoa powder and Enjoy Life chocolate chips (dairy free chocolate) was an obvious choice for me.
This is the type of recipe that can and should be tweaked to your preferences! Any type of nut butter would work, as well as more or less sweetener, and your choice of topping. I kept it simple for this recipe, but I think it would taste great with raisins, dried apricots, or shredded coconut.
I will definitely be trying more variations in the future.
What is great about this Nutty Chocolate Almond Butter Freezer Fudge is that it’s a bite sized pick-me-up that I do not feel guilty about eating.
Almond butter and coconut oil= healthy fats and antioxidants. 🙂
I have to say, this recipe is great for late night chocolate cravings. This is going to be key for my wedding diet 🙂
You can store it in the freezer or in the fridge.
I personally like having a little something waiting for me in the freezer… for so many reasons! 1) I know I don’t have to rush to eat it because it will last for a long time 2) it’s cold and thus melts in my mouth which is quite satisfying and 3) the extra crunch is so also very satisfying!
* Note: using almond butter with salt in it is delicious 🙂
Nutty Chocolate Almond Butter Fudge (paleo, GF)
- Line a loaf tin (8in x 4in) with wax paper.
- Put 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil, 2 Tbs maple syrup, 1 cup of almond butter, 1 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 cup chocolate chips, and 1 tsp of vanilla into a pot. Mix and heat over medium heat. Cook about 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly. Everything should be melted together and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the lined loaf tine, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Put the pan into the freezer for 1 hour- 1 hour 15 minutes (until the mixture has hardened and is set).
- Store in a tupperware in the freezer or in the fridge.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.