Chewy Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies (Paleo, GF)
Chewy Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies recipe. A paleo, grain-free, gluten-free, refined sugar and flour free cookie that is chewy, cakey, fudgy and full of chocolate almond butter flavor.
My first almond butter cookies and I am ALL about them. Almond butter and chocolate were really meant to be together and especially in cookie form!
These cookies come together quickly with ingredients that are likely to be in your pantry ( if you bake Paleo or Gluten-free on the regular).
10 days into January and I had to make a cookie recipe. These Chewy Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies, to be exact.
You see, I had never baked with almond butter before and I couldn’t get the curiosity of what that would be like out of my mind!
And, after not eating any desserts for over a week, I figured it would be better to eat a paleo, grain-free, gluten-free, refined sugar and flour free cookie over anything chemical-filled or processed.
Ingredients needed to make these Chewy Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies:
- almond butter
- dairy-free chocolate chips
- maple syrup
- baking soda
- coconut flour
As I mentioned, most gluten-free or Paleo bakers have all of these ingredients at home. So they come together so quickly and easily! No need to run to the store.
How to make them:
- Step 1-Melt the chocolate chips into the almond butter. I do this using a microwave because it is faster.
- Step 2- Mix in the maple syrup, egg, and vanilla to the almond butter and chocolate mixture mix with
- Step 3- Lastly, add in the baking soda, salt, and coconut flour to the bowl and mix.
- Lastly- BAKE!
The result is these chewy, soft, cakey yet fudgy chocolate almond butter cookies.
I’m a big fan. And if I calculated correctly… if you make one batch of 12 cookies, each cookie has about 118 calories and about 2.3 grams of protein.
Not too shabby.
I’ve been enjoying eating them in the morning with a banana. Bananas and Chewy Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies sounds like a well-balanced breakfast to me 🙂
Chewy Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies (paleo, GF) | Perchance to Cook, www.perchancetocook.com”
Other Healthy Cookies you may like:
These Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies from FlippinDelicious. They look just perfect!
These Paleo Coconut Oil Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies from this blog. They are perfectly gooey and full of melted chocolate!
Chewy Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies (paleo, GF)
- 1/3 cup enjoy life mini chocolate chips (dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free chocolate)
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- a sprinkle of salt
- 4 Tbs coconut flour
- Cover cookie sheet in wax or parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (if your oven is really strong, adjust to a lesser temperature).
- Mix the chocolate chips and almond butter together in a bowl and put the bowl into the microwave for 45 seconds to 1 min. Mix the almond butter mixture until smooth. If the chocolate hasn't melted, heat it again until it does.
- Add the maple syrup, egg, and vanilla to the mixture and mix with a whisk. Add the baking soda, salt, and coconut flour to the bowl and mix.
- Put 2 Tbs sized balls of dough onto the cookie sheet (this should make around 11-12 cookies). Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the tops of the dough look set and the bottom of the cookies harden and golden a bit.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.
3 Comments on “Chewy Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies (Paleo, GF)”
Time to Bake
sounds yum and easy too!
Looks fantastic! Minus the bananas. Haha “it’s been over one week since I had dessert!” Foodie at heart.