Blueberry Chia Banana Bread (Paleo, GF)
Fact: you can never have too many grain-free banana bread recipes. There are just too many variations to be made! Like this Blueberry Chia Banana Bread, for example. It’s soft, scrumptious, and full of bursts of juicy blueberries on the inside, and it has a lovely hard crust on the outside (thanks to the chia seeds).
The mixture of banana and blueberry flavors is on point. Which is super convenient, considering blueberries have been on sale at the store lately. 🙂
This recipe made me so happy because I’ve been slacking with paleo banana bread recipe testing lately.
I’ve basically been on auto-pilot and making my Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe on repeat.
Reason: my fiancé loves chocolate chips.
But, the recipe experimentation itch started to get to me and I knew it was time to make a new grain-free banana bread recipe.
So I tweaked my old recipe a bit, added blueberries and chia seeds, and put the recipe in the oven.
And waited. 🙂
The blueberry banana bread smell filled my kitchen and I hoped the taste would be as good as the smell.
I’m glad I tried it out because this Blueberry Chia Banana Bread is really really good. Like disappeared-from-my-house-in-a-day good.
The best part about coming up with this recipe, for me, was learning about how AMAZING using ground chia seeds on top of a banana bread is.
It just creates the most satisfying crust! It’s light and crispy and adds that perfect something something that is perfect on baked goods.
I’m totally going to add ground chia seeds to the top of all my banana breads now… and other paleo baked goodies.
You should try it!
With cherry season (my FAVORITE season) in full swing, I’m tempted to make a cherry banana bread.
Cherries are in the top three of my favorite fruits. They remind me of summers and France and my grandparent’s garden. They had 7 cherry trees in their garden, and it was heaven having so many delicious cherries at my fingertips.
As a child I actually used to bring cherry pits back from France and tried to plant them in the yard of my house in Florida. I was always dissapointed that nothing ever came of my endeavors…
Little did I know that the completely different climates and soil could be to blame. haha
Hope you enjoy!
Blueberry Chia Banana Bread (paleo, GF)
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour, ( I like Nutiva Organic for quality and price)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup canned coconut milk, (Golden Star has no preservatives and tastes fantastic)
- 2 Tbs coconut oil, (melted)
- 2 mashed bananas, ( this was ½ cup of mashed bananas for me)
- 2 Tbs + 2 tsp ground chia seeds, , separated
- 1 cup or 6 oz of blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a metal loaf pan with wax paper. (I used a 10 x 5 x 3 in metal loaf pan)
- In bowl 1, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon with a fork. Set the bowl aside.
- In bowl 2, mix the eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, coconut milk, coconut oil, and mashed banana with an electric hand-held mixer until well mixed.
- Put bowl 1 into bowl 2 and mix with an electric hand-held mixer.
- Mix 2 Tbs of ground chia seeds into the batter.
- Fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the lined loaf pan and then pat the top of the batter with a spoon to make sure it is flat. Sprinkle 2 tsp of ground chia seeds on top of the banana bread.
- Bake for 50 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top of the bread is golden)
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.